Hardtop rain gutter drains into cabin

Sunshine54

First Name
Dawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL
Why would the rain gutters on the Wrangler JL 4-door with a soft top only go 2/3 over the front door? If it is raining hard or snow is melting off the roof, my legs get very wet every time I am getting in or out of the drivers door. The water just pours out of the rain gutter and straight down across the doorway.
Sponsored

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Why would the rain gutters on the Wrangler JL 4-door with a soft top only go 2/3 over the front door? If it is raining hard or snow is melting off the roof, my legs get very wet every time I am getting in or out of the drivers door. The water just pours out of the rain gutter and straight down across the doorway.
This has been addressed multiple times on here I believe. I live in Oregon so I just assumed it was made that way for people who live in places where it doesn't rain much to get a stiff reminder that, "Hey, it's raining!"

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
The JL was designed for only deserts! Rain gutters that pour water from the hard top down onto your lap and feet when you open a door. Windshield defroster vents that only defrost the center of the windshield. Engine snorkels that filter out dust, but with an engine that would drown electrically.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
The JL was designed for only deserts! Rain gutters that pour water from the hard top down onto your lap and feet when you open a door. Windshield defroster vents that only defrost the center of the windshield. Engine snorkels that filter out dust, but with an engine that would drown electrically.
Exactly! Does it EVER rain in the Rubicon, Sahara or Moab regions? I'm pretty sure that's the only places they test them (see thread about LEDs in the snow).

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Gutters are shorter on the soft top so it can be used in the sun rider position. On the hard top, because of removable front panels. Doesn’t bother me that much. It doesn’t rain every day, and it’s only water.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sunshine54

Sunshine54

First Name
Dawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gutters are shorter on the soft top so it can be used in the sun rider position. On the hard top, because of removable front panels. Doesn’t bother me that much. It doesn’t rain every day, and it’s only water.
My problem is that I am short so I have to sit far forward. So when it is pouring rain and I am dressed up my legs get very wet. I need some sort of adapter to use when not in sun rider position.

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
yup I agree, funny I still have not noticed this anymore than with other cars, although mine is in a garage at home and at work. I have been in some pretty heavy downpours, but honestly with rain gear on I really didn't notice it, but will pay more attention next time it rains. I have a nice Ski rack that I stored away over 15 years ago because cars no longer came with rain gutters....

DETROIT -- Today's cars can park themselves, connect to your smartphone and warn about traffic in your blind spot, so why can't they keep snow and rain from pouring onto your head when you open the door?

Blame a combination of fashion and fuel economy

For decades, cars had "drip rails" along each side of the roof to protect your head, upholstery and sanity from snow and icy water.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
It’s a Jeep and it is designed to be topless, noisy, driven in the mud and climbing to the top of mountains. If you wanted a trendy mall crawler you’re going to get wet when it rains.

If anyone doesn’t understand what they bought I suggest you immediately trade it in for a Rav4.

OP
OP
Sunshine54

Sunshine54

First Name
Dawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s a Jeep and it is designed to be topless, noisy, driven in the mud and climbing to the top of mountains. If you wanted a trendy mall crawler you’re going to get wet when it rains.

If anyone doesn’t understand what they bought I suggest you immediately trade it in for a Rav4.
I know exactly what I bought. I love my Jeep. However, I don't always want to get wet. I did not have this problem with any of my 4 previous Wranglers.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sunshine54

Sunshine54

First Name
Dawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My problem is that I am short so I have to sit far forward. So when it is pouring rain and I am dressed up my legs get very wet. I need some sort of adapter to use when not in sun rider position.
Thank you for your informative and polite reply.

lagunajim

I've owned two Wranglers so far, and my third is on the way. I have every expectation that I will get wet on the six days a year it rains here, as I always have in the past :(

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
0E96D2DA-1EDB-4F12-84ED-C7008381A16A.jpeg
I know exactly what I bought. I love my Jeep. However, I don't always want to get wet. I did not have this problem with any of my 4 previous Wranglers.
You obviously didn’t drive them in the rain.

Speaking from experience I can tell you that both my TJ’s and JKUR dripped the wet when it was raining.

Quit the whining. There’s way too many cry babies on this forum.

0E96D2DA-1EDB-4F12-84ED-C7008381A16A.jpeg
Sponsored