Sponsored

Hardtop Hoist Suggestions

geauxtigers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon Recon
Hey guys, it has been a long time since I've owned a Jeep, but damn I'm glad to be back! I forgot how much I love these things and the Jeep community! My last wrangler was 20 years ago and it was a soft top so I've never had to consider a hardtop hoist. I've been reading everything I can on the forum and online to get a grip on what people are using. I see a strong following for the Racor lift system with topsy hinges and also others including Lange, Harken, Garagesmart and of course DIY options. I have plenty of space and garage ceiling height to go with whichever option is best but I definitely like the idea of a ceiling hoist over a floor jack. I currently have a brand new 440lb power hoist which was given to me and I also bought a set of the topsy hinges and straps. I'd like to use the topsy hinges with whatever hoist system I go with. I've read people swearing by the Racor system with the topsy upgrades but I've also read reviews seriously questioning the build quality of the Racor. I'm also open to using something with my power hoist if that's my best option. What do you guys think? Any suggestions are appreciated!
Sponsored

OP
OP

geauxtigers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon Recon
I like my Racor with the Topsy straps and lift points. The Racor has a platform where I store the freedom panels.
How do you feel about the build quality of the Racor system? I like the idea of it but have seen several negative comments about the stability. I’ve even considered building a metal platform like the Racor to hook up to my power hoist and use the Topsy straps but the downside would be having one connection point from the platform to the hoist instead of the 4 points like Racor

Adventure.AS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
How do you feel about the build quality of the Racor system? I like the idea of it but have seen several negative comments about the stability. I’ve even considered building a metal platform like the Racor to hook up to my power hoist and use the Topsy straps but the downside would be having one connection point from the platform to the hoist instead of the 4 points like Racor
The build quality of my Racor is good. Topsy also offered an metal upgrade to the Racor rack plastic cable cams. I would recommend this too.

WestTex42

First Name
Rhett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon
I installed the Lange power hoist in my garage about a week ago. I've used it once and it performed great. No issues so far. Seems to be very sturdy and good quality.
Sponsored