First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
Hi all - still awaiting the arrival of my Wrangler (stuck in D status... Gorilla Glass purgatory) so I can't try stuff now, but want to prepare as much as I can.

Currently my space is 8' 7" from bottom of joist to the concrete floor (unfinished garage). I'm looking for thoughts/comments for what system allows the hardtop to be closest to the ceiling. Also, being unfinished, I have the luxury of being able to mount the hardware/system ABOVE the joists and let the cable pass thru maybe buying me some space. Perhaps that is still not possible with any system, or unwise altogether... I'm open to feedback.

Any thoughts, or do I just need to prepare to learn by trial and error?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

drtrdr85

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all - still awaiting the arrival of my Wrangler (stuck in D status... Gorilla Glass purgatory) so I can't try stuff now, but want to prepare as much as I can.

Currently my space is 8' 7" from bottom of joist to the concrete floor (unfinished garage). I'm looking for thoughts/comments for what system allows the hardtop to be closest to the ceiling. Also, being unfinished, I have the luxury of being able to mount the hardware/system ABOVE the joists and let the cable pass thru maybe buying me some space. Perhaps that is still not possible with any system, or unwise altogether... I'm open to feedback.

Any thoughts, or do I just need to prepare to learn by trial and error?

Thanks in advance.
I have the Garage Smart set up and I like it works well. A little pricey but has a lifetime warranty.

IMG_9117.jpeg

OP
OP
webwbr

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
I have the Garage Smart set up and I like it works well. A little pricey but has a lifetime warranty.

Jeep Wrangler JL Hardtop Hoist Recommendation: Want Closest Fit To Ceiling IMG_9117
It does look like anice system… how many inches are there between your ceiling and the top of the Jeep? It looks to be ~6” but maybe less?

Canyonero02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green JLUR
At my old house I had 10' ceilings and made my own lift. I built a T frame out of 1 5/8 strut that attached to the top and mounted an electric hoist in the attic. It pulled the top just a couple inches from the ceiling. I thought I had a pic of the hoist but I can't find it.

IMG_20170516_193841.jpg

Last edited:

Sgt Pickles

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
I have the harken hoist. Can get it to about 1ft from the ceiling if I wanted to but I have 11ft ceilings so I don’t need to go that high.

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
OP
OP
webwbr

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
I have the harken hoist. Can get it to about 1ft from the ceiling if I wanted to but I have 11ft ceilings so I don’t need to go that high.
Can Harken install above the joist (rafter)... it looks like it can if I leave some space for the cord to move.

Sgt Pickles

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Can Harken install above the joist (rafter)... it looks like it can if I leave some space for the cord to move.
I don’t see why not as long as you have a good solid place to bolt into.
Sponsored