First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Occupation
School Administrator
So I currently use straps and an electric hoist to lift my hardtop. Looking for a bracket or brace system that I can hook to the hardtop to help keep it level. Can do it with straps but it takes a lot of adjustments and time....rather hook up and lift so I can go topless. Anybody know of just a bracket/brace system that is available without the hoist, etc...? Been looking everywhere.

Thanks
Sponsored

NMPirate

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon
Occupation
King Shit of Turd Island
I have the Topsy brackets they work great. The company was also really fast to answer questions.
So, do the brackets on the back window stay there all the time? And if they do, do they look out of place when the top is on the Jeep? Any problems with opening the back window all the way?

Thanks!

JeepJLU402

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport S - V6 8AT - 30/44
So, do the brackets on the back window stay there all the time? And if they do, do they look out of place when the top is on the Jeep? Any problems with opening the back window all the way?

Thanks!
The brackets stay on all the time and unless your looking for them you really don’t notice them at all. The back glass has full range of motion they are really out of the way. The only thing I would suggest is having an in. lbs. torque wrench. They give you a torque spec and it’s really small. I wouldn’t want to mess up the hard top by over torquing the bolts. I’ll try to remember to snap a few quick pics when I get home.

Sponsored

NMPirate

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon
Occupation
King Shit of Turd Island
The brackets stay on all the time and unless your looking for them you really don’t notice them at all. The back glass has full range of motion they are really out of the way. The only thing I would suggest is having an in. lbs. torque wrench. They give you a torque spec and it’s really small. I wouldn’t want to mess up the hard top by over torquing the bolts. I’ll try to remember to snap a few quick pics when I get home.
Sounds good, thanks! These brackets seem like a good, stable hanging point even if you are using cam straps/ratchet straps. 🍻

Martial Fartist

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Topsy brackets are great. When I put them on my Jeep the only big thing I had to deal with was moving my brackets that hold my cam straps on the garage ceiling when lifting the lid. The strap or whatever you are hanging from has to be straight up and down.

NMPirate

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon
Occupation
King Shit of Turd Island
Topsy brackets are great. When I put them on my Jeep the only big thing I had to deal with was moving my brackets that hold my cam straps on the garage ceiling when lifting the lid. The strap or whatever you are hanging from has to be straight up and down.
If you are using cam straps and the Topsy brackets on the back, how are you suspending the front of the roof? Do you loop a cam strap under the entire front or grab a corner near where the bolts go into the cage?

Martial Fartist

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
If you are using cam straps and the Topsy brackets on the back, how are you suspending the front of the roof? Do you loop a cam strap under the entire front or grab a corner near where the bolts go into the cage?
one cam strap across the front. Have an unlimited so the strap basically runs across the back seat.