Hard top wind noise

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Besides the windows has anybody experienced what I have right now? It's like a cracking popping noise every time I put the top on and back off it stops for a little bit but then it starts back up what do you think you could ev
Sponsored

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
I adjusted the hardware in the front of the freedom panels and it helped out. There are two hold down in the front center that adjust up and down. I put them all the way down to pull the panels farther down when you flip the handles over. I also played with the latch mechanism where the latch hooks into, there are two bolts you loosen up and it can be adjusted. Big improvement!
Also, make sure all four bolts that hold the windshield in place are actually nice and tight. My two on the right went loose and I was starting to hear a noise.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Also, make sure all four bolts that hold the windshield in place are actually nice and tight. My two on the right went loose and I was starting to hear a noise.
What is a volt ?

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
What is a volt and how do I tighten it can you take a picture please

amnesiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
I adjusted the hardware in the front of the freedom panels and it helped out. There are two hold down in the front center that adjust up and down. I put them all the way down to pull the panels farther down when you flip the handles over. I also played with the latch mechanism where the latch hooks into, there are two bolts you loosen up and it can be adjusted. Big improvement!
that’s a great idea. I notice what seems to me to be excessive and specific noise coming in from the upper drivers side corner at highway speeds.

after reading your post I’ve realized that none of the hardware seems like it takes much effort to secure the Freedom Panels. I will tighten everything down and test it out.

thanks!!

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
How do you tighten down the latches or tighten that down

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
What is a volt and how do I tighten it can you take a picture please
:facepalm:I edited the post lol but yeah meant to say bolts. I'm talking about the four bolts that secure the windshield in place. Make sure those are actually in and tight. Too cold to go outside for a picture.

amnesiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
I tightened the bolts on the main forward latch, but it still feels looser than the passenger side.

does anyone else have any info on this?

Jking

First Name
Joe King
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl jeep
You can move the latch around when the bolts are loose to tweak the positioning of the latch, this helped me line up the two freedom panels better. I had to try several times to get it lined up.

amnesiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
You can move the latch around when the bolts are loose to tweak the positioning of the latch, this helped me line up the two freedom panels better. I had to try several times to get it lined up.
gotcha. not sure mine is an alignment issue, per se, but i will check that out too. thanks!

Sponsored

RangerRobAZ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I also adjusted my driver side panel. I noticed that I was further back than the passenger one. I loosened the 2 bolts under the round felt pads in front of the panel and pushed everything forward towards the windshield. I still have some wind noise but it does seem to be reduced. Or I’m getting used to it.

it is all really a lot of fiddling and feels like trying to balance cards to get it “right”. Not sure why these panels have such low tolerance for a good seal.

WrangleDangle

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I would highly recommend it. The black insulation is molded very nice and seems strong, breaks up all the bright white. It covers the rear sides also. It gives the inside a whole new look. Im not sure how it compares to other brands like what's available for the jk.
What insulation did you buy?

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
:facepalm:I edited the post lol but yeah meant to say bolts. I'm talking about the four bolts that secure the windshield in place. Make sure those are actually in and tight. Too cold to go outside for a picture.
mine are tight it makes a crackling noise still and if you're sitting in the driver side and push up on the panel it stops. I took it to the dealer they put like a silicone all around the panels but it still makes that crackling noise right by the right ear of a passenger so it's right in the back of the panel by your head

sisoul

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I too am battling some noise from windshield or hardtop. I made a short clip on it, its driving me nuts, so nuts it makes me want to sell this thing. I have not adjusted any of the bolts where the top clamps too, from looking at everything it looks pretty even and there is no gap between the top and the windshield seal. My sound is definitely coming from the top of the windshield.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
That sucks I had to do track bar put on at the dealership and they put some lubricant on the pillar by the freedom panels noise is gone
Sponsored