First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
I picked up my new JLUR 6 days ago. The first time I got on the freeway I immediately heard a "crackling" sound coming from the upper left corner on the driver's side where the A-pillar, Hard Top and door meet. It sounds like radio static. It begins at about 40mph and gets steadily worse as I get up to freeway speeds. It's constant at 75mph and regardless of weather conditions (didn't experience any significant rain on the drive home.)

I took it back to the dealer and they acknowledged that it's over and above the normal wind noise I should expect. We noticed that the windshield frame is slightly off-center to the driver's side by a sixteenth or even an eighth of an inch.

Has anyone else experienced this, and/or found a solution?

My plan is to take it in to a local dealer next week to have it diagnosed.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Steveo

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
Update: Had it in to the dealer today and after a full day they said "All JLs make this sound" to which I replied "nonsense". I'm going in in the morning to educate them on the sound I'm referring them to.

seguerski

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S 3.6L Sting Gray, 2014 Jeep MK Compass Latitude 2.4L
I have similar sound and also thought it was coming from top of window, but upon closer listening, I believe it's coming from base of windshield and bouncing off of top.
see my post (#789) in https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/hard-top-wind-noise.3477/ topic as far as my findings.

Still have to test, but I think this may take care of it.
Sponsored