Sponsored

Hard Top to Soft Top Wiring Harness Problem

Shak14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Let me see if I can articulate this as best as possible. I have a hard top JLU which has the wiper fluid and electronics harness clip in the back. When converting to soft top for the summer, I notice that the soft top when down gets jammed in between the electronics harness when clipped in for storage and where the roll bar meets the trim. Anyone else having this issue and/or have a solution?

image001.jpg
Sponsored

TimR

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Yes...the harness clip is just "clipped" in that space. Pull it out and let it hang down. No one will see it due to the soft top being down. This will also allow he soft top to go down all the way.

jrohan07

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GCM 2018 JLUS Firecracker Red
I removed the clip holder and just tuck in all the wires on the side so my soft top folds as intended.

Just plug the water line.

OP
OP
Shak14

Shak14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
That's how I am currently running it, but wasn't sure if there was a better way. As long as I'm not damaging anything I am good to go. Thanks.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
It's a known FCA product defect discussed on the board prior, and shortly after the JL's release . FCA is aware of this. Yesh: they still didn't address it in the (I presume you have) 2019?

I cover the hole this clip goes in with electric tape simply for cosmetic reasons.

Abend

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLUR, 1948 CJ-2A, 2018 Sting Gray JLU Sport (the wife's)
It's a known FCA product defect discussed on the board prior, and shortly after the JL's release . FCA is aware of this. Yesh: they still didn't address it in the (I presume you have) 2019?

I cover the hole this clip goes in with electric tape simply for cosmetic reasons.
Actually, I think they did address it at some point during the 2019 model year. I just checked my late build 2019 (built in June) and I have a finger width of clearance between that clip and the soft top when folded all the way down. I've never had an issue with it catching on there.
Sponsored