Hard Top Storage outside under a carport

Huskies91

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys JL
Anyone have any recommendations for storing a hard top outside under a carport. I don’t have a garage or basement. I have hothead headliners and am a little worried they may get ruined. I live on the ocean and our house gets salt spray when it’s windy. Tarp it? spray it down with anything? thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Medsker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I live in Utah so it's probably different but I stored mine in the backyard on the ground for years. I just put one tarp on the ground and folded it up over the top and then put a tarp over the top and folded it down tucking it underneath the top. Everything was held down with bunjis. Would have to clean up a few spider webs in the fall but nothing major happened to it. I didn't have the headliners though and the salt may make a difference.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Scotch guard your hot head liner that will prevent mildew then buy a couple harbor freight packing blankets to cover will also allow it to breath

dominykass

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I once saw a guy using a which to store a hard top under the roof of his carport. He used to just raise it from the car, and it was right under the ceiling, secured with several chains.
But he had a strong carport from carport Australia, and I am not sure that any carport would be able to bear thing weight. It’s not that much, but still. It’s a question of security.
You can try to make something similar if you are sure your carport will be fine with it. I would suggest doing some calculations before installing a winch, so the roof does not fall.

Last edited:

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel