Modeldude

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Found this on my brand new JL.

I guess the factory was all out of their own touchup spray and used a sharpie....

For f*cks sake, sigh.

50536894866_9ee8b9397d_b.jpg
Jeep Sharpie by The 3rd Placer, on Flickr
Sponsored

OP
OP
Modeldude

Modeldude

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Hey Tread, seems we have different opinions on quality. My post was to alert others who may find this as unacceptable as I have. This example is not a "shit happens" scratch on a used vehicle. The sharpie was used to cover up light paint coverage on both sides of the top.

Tread4Lo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22'JLURD
I know what your post was and I'm not trying to diminish your PSA. I should have said thank you first.

All I know is, I as look at the black hardtop and the sucker is scratched. Bird shits on it wrong and it's scratch. Maybe I just have bad luck with hardtops too.

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
I know what your post was and I'm not trying to diminish your PSA. I should have said thank you first.

All I know is, I as look at the black hardtop and the sucker is scratched. Bird shits on it wrong and it's scratch. Maybe I just have bad luck with hardtops too.
You don't have bad luck. The coating is just easy to scratch.

OP - Might as well get over it. Nothing you can do about it. You can complain about the sharpe, but it won't get you any sympathy on the forum. It's just something that happens to every black top out there. You don't even need to off-road your jeep at all and you will scratch it. Not to de-value your complaint at all, but I had to look at your picture really close to even see what the issue was. Once you scratch it on the side where it's much more visible, especially in the sunlight, you will be asking how to fix it. Then... you'll wish you got a painted top. Good luck with the OCD and owning a black top Jeep. Lol.

Sponsored

cride1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
That could have also been done at the dealership if it was scratched when it got to them. I would think a dealership would be much more likely to go the sharpie route than paint if they can get away with it.

OP
OP
Modeldude

Modeldude

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Wasnt looking for sympathy, just wanted to put it out there and was surprised to see it.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I can't even see what you are trying to show on the photo. My top have scratches I can't get rid off. A branch touches the top, it scratches. You can sometimes scratch it with your own nail. I bought whats supposed to be touch up pen, and it looks like sh!t. I might try sharpie instead. Does anyone know of a good touch up pen for the hardtop? I got the mopar one from quadratec and it was a total waste of money.

Sponsored

Anonymous

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JLUR
I think I see it!!! Are you talking about all of the purplish black lines? If so that’s just f’d and not just a touch up in the corner. WOW!!!! Too come clean I did sharpie my corner though :giggle:

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I think I kinda see it, purplish lines. I bet the lighting is terrible.

I wouldn't sweat it, but I get it. You paid thousands for a new jeep and you have all the right to complain. You should take it to the dealer and ask them wtf is that. They should cover the repair under warrsnty.
Sponsored