Hard top repair advice

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Having trouble getting a clear answer of what to do about my hard top! Hopefully someone on here can give me advice. I went to back out of my garage and my passenger didnt pull the door up all the way. I backed into the door so it left a big nick in the shell. I am wondering what to fill it with so that I can just use some of the mopar paint on it and at least make it so it is not exposed anymore.

I was quoted $400 from a body shop saying they would have to paint to entire rear to match it. Again I dont need the little spot to be perfectly matched I just want it filled and I can paint it. What bonds to fiberglass well that I could fill it and smooth it out with?

Here are some pictures:

IMG_2101.jpg

IMG_2103.jpg

IMG_2102.jpg
Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Go to an automotive place like auto zone and get your self some bondo. It is used to fill in dents that can't be pulled etc... It is like a putty(made of fiberglass and resins) that you spread onto the area and then wait for it to set(dry) then sand it to match the contours of the top... then primer it and rattle can paint (mopar Black)the affected area. You can probably buy the can of paint from mopar if you check with dealership they can order it for you or get it online.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I forgot to add...It would easily be around $50 tops and an afternoon.

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase