Hard Top, or Hard + Soft top

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I have a JLU Sport with the hard top, and enjoy driving with the freedom panels off especially since the weather is getting nicer. i'm debating ordering the premium soft top, and right now can get it for around $1900 shipped. I can't decide if I would miss not having the soft top if I didn't buy it, or if I would be happy enough with the freedom tops off and leaving the hard top on. For those of you with just a hard top, are you thinking about getting a soft top, or just sticking with the hard top?
Sponsored

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Personally, I'd wait for Bestop to release aftermarket tops. Should be interesting to see what they come out with and hopefully a little cheaper.

prw04

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Billet Silver
First Jeep was hardtop only. Second Jeep was a dual top package. My current JLU is premium soft top only. The hard top is a pain in the ass to deal with. I even had the Harken hoist in the garage. Still hated taking the hardtop off. Freedom panel were a pain to. Soft top all the way.

OP
OP
abecker

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Personally, I'd wait for Bestop to release aftermarket tops. Should be interesting to see what they come out with and hopefully a little cheaper.
Do they release the tops with the hardware, or is the hardware sold separately.

First Jeep was hardtop only. Second Jeep was a dual top package. My current JLU is premium soft top only. The hard top is a pain in the ass to deal with. I even had the Harken hoist in the garage. Still hated taking the hardtop off. Freedom panel were a pain to. Soft top all the way.
I actually don't mind the Freedom panels at all.

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I vote dual top - you’ll have plenty of great weather to have it all the way down.

I’m in Ohio, our climates are relatively similar... hard top from October/November (depending on the year) to March/April.

Top down with the soft top is significantly better than freedom panels off :)

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I have a JLU Sport with the hard top, and enjoy driving with the freedom panels off especially since the weather is getting nicer. i'm debating ordering the premium soft top, and right now can get it for around $1900 shipped. I can't decide if I would miss not having the soft top if I didn't buy it, or if I would be happy enough with the freedom tops off and leaving the hard top on. For those of you with just a hard top, are you thinking about getting a soft top, or just sticking with the hard top?
Sell your hard top and get a soft top

Chrisdoza

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jku rubicon
I'm in the same boat, ordered a hard top and now I'm debating about asking the dealer to switch and give me a soft top.

OP
OP
abecker

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I went ahead and ordered the top. Between the sale at morris4x4 and an additional 3% back from Ebates I couldn’t pass it up.
Sponsored