JTopsUSA

First Name
Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jtopsusa.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKU 2014, Jeep JK 2015, Jeep JLU on order!
Occupation
JeepĀ® Wranger Soft Goods Manufacturer
498BEFBD-7254-46B3-A865-5C4FA9CC773D.jpeg
F894C7F6-F9BC-432B-BE82-2B9B0182876E.jpeg
0ACAAFF4-31AC-4D79-B0A1-421B23C470F7.jpeg
Here are some images inside the JLU with the hard top and shade top both on. Lots of people were asking and these are what I could find tonight...
Sponsored

Malve

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU, 2012 QX56
Occupation
CEO
Mine is ordered in titanium to match my granite.

Looks like you almost get a headliner effect with shade and top on.

I wonder too if it keeps the warm air of the heat in a hair better with top off on cool nights.

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

First Name
Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jtopsusa.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Some people have talked about carrying their emergency blanket on top of the shade with the hard top on acting like an ā€˜insulatorā€™, but Iā€™ve not tried it. From personal experiences can say, if you have the tops (either one, hard or soft) off and itā€™s chilly, whether you have a shade on or not, itā€™s STILL going to be chilly in my humble opinion.

But thatā€™s why I got heated seats/steering wheel! :like:

sm16

First Name
Sanjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi, 2016 BMW X6M
Hi JTopsUSA, I ordered my titanium shade on 5/3. Do you have a sense of when I should be expecting it?
Thanks!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Some people have talked about carrying their emergency blanket on top of the shade with the hard top on acting like an ā€˜insulatorā€™, but Iā€™ve not tried it. From personal experiences can say, if you have the tops (either one, hard or soft) off and itā€™s chilly, whether you have a shade on or not, itā€™s STILL going to be chilly in my humble opinion.

But thatā€™s why I got heated seats/steering wheel! :like:
That's exactly why i got the cold weather package too.

I tried it in upper 50s and i was pretty cozy with the soft top down.

Sponsored

JlRubi18

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl Rubicon
Can you show me a pic where the freedom tops are with the shade on. I know you have to roll back the shade a lil to get the tops in but I noticed two things; 1. The handle for the freedom top, towards the rear of the driver and passenger window, is a lil difficult to close or open with the shade on. 2. After rolling back the shade to install freedom tops, I have a lil drooping of the shade, from the excess from rolling it back, to install the freedoms tops.

Iā€™m just curious to see if there was something I missed or did wrong. I will include pics if needed.

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

First Name
Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jtopsusa.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IMG_0677.jpeg

This is the only picture I can find at the moment with the Freedom Panels on. I am sure we have some more, but I am not sure where they got saved. I will keep looking for more.

As I mentioned in one of our other threads:

Have you tried to turn the latches through the mesh? If you slide the mesh between your fingers and the latch as you're turning it, it should work fine.

In the front, the leading edge only needs to flip back just an inch, so it should remain far enough forward that it doesn't droop. Can you check and make sure those side straps are tightened completely?

We hope this answers your concerns. But as always, please email us at [email protected] for personal attention.

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Can you show me a pic where the freedom tops are with the shade on. I know you have to roll back the shade a lil to get the tops in but I noticed two things; 1. The handle for the freedom top, towards the rear of the driver and passenger window, is a lil difficult to close or open with the shade on. 2. After rolling back the shade to install freedom tops, I have a lil drooping of the shade, from the excess from rolling it back, to install the freedoms tops.

Iā€™m just curious to see if there was something I missed or did wrong. I will include pics if needed.
I have the same issue. It sags a lot with the freedom panels in. Its a real draw back. Has anyone come up with a solution for this?

ALEX-4LO

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2020 JLUR - Project JL's
I have the same issue. It sags a lot with the freedom panels in. Its a real draw back. Has anyone come up with a solution for this?

Any solution yet? I'm still debating on purchasing this or the spiderweb shade? I am leaning towards the spiderweb shade for the more clean leaner look. I do like how the JTOP shade covers from end to end and not having to drop the windshield for installation but I cant stand the look of the bulky straps...

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Any solution yet? I'm still debating on purchasing this or the spiderweb shade? I am leaning towards the spiderweb shade for the more clean leaner look. I do like how the JTOP shade covers from end to end and not having to drop the windshield for installation but I cant stand the look of the bulky straps...
I was able to get the sag to go away by adjusting the whole thing towards the rear of the jeep and tightening down. Now at 70 MPH or higher the front magnets dont work well enough and the front flaps back. I really need to reach out to JTops, I think mine may not be the exact right size or something.

Also, the buckles at each strap can only be tightened so much and then you are just pulling the shade slightly from one side to the other. Its an awesome concept of a design, but I think it still has some flaws.

Unfortunately, JTops has not reached out on this thread or any other thread Ive asked this question on. I need to call them and ask for help.

Sponsored

ALEX-4LO

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2020 JLUR - Project JL's
I was able to get the sag to go away by adjusting the whole thing towards the rear of the jeep and tightening down. Now at 70 MPH or higher the front magnets dont work well enough and the front flaps back. I really need to reach out to JTops, I think mine may not be the exact right size or something.

Also, the buckles at each strap can only be tightened so much and then you are just pulling the shade slightly from one side to the other. Its an awesome concept of a design, but I think it still has some flaws.

Unfortunately, JTops has not reached out on this thread or any other thread Ive asked this question on. I need to call them and ask for help.

Ok. thank you for your feedback.

So it flaps at higher speeds? Is it pretty noisy?

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
@Bswen Just ordered Spiderweb shade.
Its not really noisey, it reduces wind noise considerably compared to no shade and the top off. Problem is fitment. I havent found a nice middle ground between nice and tight/no sag and doesnt quite seal up front properly via the magnets. Almost like mine is 1/4" to 1/2" too short.

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
The other reason I ordered the JTops versus the others is that the Titanium is 90% UV blockage. All the other JTops plus everyone else is 80% at best. With my bald head and a red head wife and two fair skinned boys I wanted the extra UV protection.

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara

Joe, I just spoke with Mike, the owner of JTops. They are sending me a new shade as it should not droop like it is. There are a couple reasons that it does droop and not work quite as it should, but either way, they know about it and are gladly sending me out a new one.

Figured I would give you a heads up unless you are the other person Mike said he has spoken with. If that wasnt you, [email protected] will get the ball rolling to figuring out your issue.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.