Sponsored

Hard top lift and storage solutions

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I'm glad that someone else has a garage that's tight due to Mopar muscle! 😍
1970RoadRunner.jpg
I notice garages are getting smaller and smaller in some cities. That thing probably would not fit in some modern garages. :LOL:
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
I'm glad that someone else has a garage that's tight due to Mopar muscle! 😍
1970RoadRunner.jpg
Sweet ride! My very first car wash a '70 Challenger with a 383. I bought it as a project car, had it towed to the house and worked on it for 2 years before I even had my license. That was 1979 and I wish I still had that car now.

Zippity

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport 2dr 2019
I'm really liking the Top Lift Pro. So easy for one person, and even works with a sunshade on.
For storage, it doesn't take up much space even in my small garage!
Jeep Wrangler JL Hard top lift and storage solutions tempImage8wy1u
Jeep Wrangler JL Hard top lift and storage solutions tempImageLBdPoA

bears4xe

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
I'm really liking the Top Lift Pro. So easy for one person, and even works with a sunshade on.
For storage, it doesn't take up much space even in my small garage!
How does it work with sunshade on?

Zippity

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport 2dr 2019
How does it work with sunshade on?
I just have to disconnect 2 straps on each side of the shade (very back of shade). Then the part of the tool that rest against the underside of the hardtop doesn't have any interference.
I have the JTopsUSA Shade. Let me know if you want to see any pics and I'll take a couple. Take care!

Sponsored

DEdney1775

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0 Sport
I went to Harbor Freight and picked this 440lb hoist up for around $100.
I mounted it up in my attic and splicer into the controller, adding an additional 6' of wire to hang on the side of my garage.
I picked up 2 lifting straps & 4 carabiner.
Easy, 1 man job. After I pull the Jeep out of the garage, I lower the top down to the floor & leave it there. My garage isn't big/long enough to keep it suspended and park under it.

Screenshot_20220306-225857_Chrome.jpg

bears4xe

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
I just have to disconnect 2 straps on each side of the shade (very back of shade). Then the part of the tool that rest against the underside of the hardtop doesn't have any interference.
I have the JTopsUSA Shade. Let me know if you want to see any pics and I'll take a couple. Take care!
If you could that’ll be great! I’m trying to figure out wether I should get the Jtop or the HotHead. Thanks in advance.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I built this. Back the Jeep right up to it, lift HT and push back just enough to get the rear lip of HT onto the "table". Only need a couple of inches. Then just slide back into place until its off the Jeep and fully on table. One man job for just about any able bodied adult male. Im 47, 5'8", with average strength, and its not bad at all.
Also, I leave it outside out by the shed. If you want to store the top indoors, Im sure you could use this in your garage too. I just dont have room so the top lives outside.

Resized_20211024_181432.jpeg
When I had my JK I had an idea to build a table similar to this, but wide enough to back the Jeep into. Then I could push the back up a few inches and slide a 2x6 under, supported on the table, then do the same thing on the front and drive out. You could put casters or wheels on it if you want, so it could be moved after. The boards would have cheap carpet stapled to one side so the bottom edge of the hardtop wouldn’t get scratched.

On the table above, you could put some sort of slides on the sides. That would allow you to lift the back up you could rest the pins on the slides, then all you would have to do is go to the front of the hardtop, lift and walk it back.

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
No photos, but I'm using a racor ceiling storage hoist that I bought off of craigslist for cheap then I ordered the Topsy kit. I used it as is for a while but the thought of the plastic cams holding everything up got to me so I ordered Topsy's cam kit as well. The system works well, I have no real complaints. I do find myself using the racor rack itself for storage, I keep my freedom panels up there when I don't want them with me, so I think it has some versatility that other lifts may not offer. I just use the hand crank to raise and lower it, but as I understand it you can attach a power drill as well to do the work for you making it faster. The only issue I've had with it is that from time to time the cables on the racor lift may start overlapping on one end or the other. This results in the top not raising perfectly level, have to drop it and raise it again to resolve that, which is irritating.

I really like the idea of the top lift pro, but I'm into my hoist for $100 and I could have done a DIY for a lot less than that. I just can't justify the price tag of the top lift pro, and it seems like it would take up some floor space where I currently have the back seat, and some camping gear located.

Zippity

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport 2dr 2019
If you could that’ll be great! I’m trying to figure out wether I should get the Jtop or the HotHead. Thanks in advance.
Sorry for the delay with pics. You just take the back two straps off each side of the JTops Sunshade before you move the TLP Hardtop Removal Tool under the hardtop. Hopefully you can see it in the pictures below. Then just snap them back on after removing the top.
Jeep Wrangler JL Hard top lift and storage solutions tempImagei3yiX2

Jeep Wrangler JL Hard top lift and storage solutions tempImageoOVjyq
Jeep Wrangler JL Hard top lift and storage solutions tempImageTStpVO

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I love the toplift pro. I got lucky and found one for $300 off craigslist. Takes legit seconds to take the top off.

bears4xe

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
Sorry for the delay with pics. You just take the back two straps off each side of the JTops Sunshade before you move the TLP Hardtop Removal Tool under the hardtop. Hopefully you can see it in the pictures below. Then just snap them back on after removing the top.

Thank you so much. I will order soon.
Sponsored