Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Like this?

Jeep Wrangler JL Hard Top 2dr - Black or Body Colored? 2650670C-6DB0-4527-9029-4AF7EA122B4A
This is my vote. I do find I like my soft top black better than my black hard top with my Granite. The black hard top isn’t black enough if that makes sense. Anyway I have black to and black fenders. My old CJ had pained body color fenders so I stilllike that look.

Fatboy97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Rubicon JL
Even with scratches on the fenders it still looks better than black. Why worry about scratches. Buy what looks good to you. Easy to repaint if you need too.

5A1A6E44-AA58-4C01-B546-2C6E7B86F10E.jpeg

OP
OP
Jeepster21

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Said I would never buy black again, but this looks really good.

Jeep Wrangler JL Hard Top 2dr - Black or Body Colored? 2641C812-D794-4344-98A6-2AA7832D799E

Sponsored

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I went for the black hard top and black fenders for two reasons. Where I live my jeep is going to get pin striped to hell from trees when I'm wheeling, and it'd really bother me if my hard top was painted and all scratched up. I got the black fenders cause I'm not a fan of OEM looks so I am going to replace them anyway, no need to pay extra for parts I don't even want!

But... if I wasn't planning on doing as much off roading, or if I was wheeling in wide open spaces I would definitely go with the painted hard top. I do like the way it looks!

KILROY_

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited, 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona "Bad Nanner" heavily modified, 2000 Ram 2500 V-10, 2018 Jeep Renegade
Vehicle Showcase
I got the Pumpkin Metallic so I went with the black top to break up the bright paint and offer some contrast on the darker colors I like the painted better, more seamless and the color isn't overwhelming. I also went with the painted fenders because they look tons better to me I then added self healing 3M clear-bra to the grill, lights and fenders, no more rock chips! If you're going to replace the fenders later then why bother.
Jeep Wrangler JL Hard Top 2dr - Black or Body Colored? 20210328_160041

OP
OP
Jeepster21

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I guess it's just funny certain colors look better with just black top or black fenders and others look better with all body colors. Was referring to red.

I don't think so. Look at my pic, exactly the same except white. It now has a Rhino Rack w/ ladders (black).

Sponsored

JeepTime

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Black top and painted fenders! It’s amazing how few jeeps I see like this. But that’s how I got mine, sting gray, painted fenders, black roof, and I think it looks great. Cool combo look. The black roof looks great, unlike the black fenders which I personally find look a tad cheap. My vote will always be for painted fenders. As for the roof that’s preference

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I guess it's just funny certain colors look better with just black top or black fenders and others look better with all body colors. Was referring to red.
My YJ was red w/ black top & fenders. Looked good. But now I have to nope on the black top (hard or soft) as I'm in desert now. It just heats up too much in the sun. Brutal.

I do like how black fenders accentuates them. But that is subjective.

DLW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Strictly look wise, I have always like the black top/fender look.
However, looking at the 2 door, for some reason the painted top/fender looks better to me, not sure why, maybe it looks a little longer or something. My 4 door though, I think the black top/fender looks better with the contrast.

OP
OP
Jeepster21

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Yes, kind of agree with you.

Strictly look wise, I have always like the black top/fender look.
However, looking at the 2 door, for some reason the painted top/fender looks better to me, not sure why, maybe it looks a little longer or something. My 4 door though, I think the black top/fender looks better with the contrast.
Sponsored