Jeep142

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL
Howdy All,

I have a 2019 JLU Sport S...less than 3,000 miles. This morning the brake pedal was hard - almost no give - and the Jeep wouldn't start. The dash lights up and all the electronics work fine. Seems to be getting plenty of power...just won't start. I found a thread with a similar issue and tried a few suggestions....pushing brake pedal REALLY hard, FOB near start button....nothing working. Any other suggestions? Otherwise, I'll have it towed to the dealership in the a.m. Thanks.
Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Did u try pushing the start button with the keyfob itself?

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
You can try remote start or you really have to push on the pedal. It’s not reading enough force on the brake to allow it to start

Brett

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
My wife's JLU has a stiff pedal sometimes after sitting overnight. Cycle through Accessory, Run, then back to off. Step harder on the pedal, and try to start. You won't break it.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
I had this just a week ago. Had to push harder on brake pedal to get it sensed and started up.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeep142

Jeep142

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL
Howdy All,

I have a 2019 JLU Sport S...less than 3,000 miles. This morning the brake pedal was hard - almost no give - and the Jeep wouldn't start. The dash lights up and all the electronics work fine. Seems to be getting plenty of power...just won't start. I found a thread with a similar issue and tried a few suggestions....pushing brake pedal REALLY hard, FOB near start button....nothing working. Any other suggestions? Otherwise, I'll have it towed to the dealership in the a.m. Thanks.
Thanks for the help all. It finally started. Don't really know why, but it did. Think I'll still get it checked out tomorrow at the dealership. Have a great day!!!!!

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I also originally posted this over 2 years ago with my JL. The trick is to push the brake pedal harder and you'll be good to go.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeep142

Jeep142

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL
Thanks to all for the input. Shortly after the stiff brake pedal issue the climate controls went out and the ESS stopped working. Took it to the dealership and they replaced the main battery. All seems to be working fine...no more electrical issues. Shout out to Tri-Cities Dodge! Now, for some nice weather, the top down, and a Jeep that STARTS!!!!

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

glad they got you going. hopefully no more issues in the future!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Thanks to all for the input. Shortly after the stiff brake pedal issue the climate controls went out and the ESS stopped working. Took it to the dealership and they replaced the main battery. All seems to be working fine...no more electrical issues. Shout out to Tri-Cities Dodge! Now, for some nice weather, the top down, and a Jeep that STARTS!!!!
The charging system and bad batteries of ESS equipped vehicles are starting to be the Achilles Heel of the JL. Weird things that are seemingly unrelated can happen when one of the batteries go bad. There are threads about charging, bad batteries, bad ESS batteries causing all kinds of lights to go off or other problems unrelated to the cause. Hopefully FCA comes up with a fix for this.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
The charging system and bad batteries of ESS equipped vehicles are starting to be the Achilles Heel of the JL. Weird things that are seemingly unrelated can happen when one of the batteries go bad. There are threads about charging, bad batteries, bad ESS batteries causing all kinds of lights to go off or other problems unrelated to the cause. Hopefully FCA comes up with a fix for this.
They won't. But others have, dual battery systems, replace that moped toy aux battery with a full sized Odyssey that could run a tank. Disable the ESS garbage. Unfortunately, not everyone needs a full size dual battery system for their usage, but I no longer stress about that stupid little battery leaving me stranded in the middle of nowhere.
Sponsored