Sponsored

Harbor Freight Badland Apex 12,000# Winch Lower Price

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I've been researching winches as my naked bumper needs some clothes. The new Harbor Freight Badland Apex winch has been on my list as well as similar offerings from Quadratech and Smitty. I noticed the price has now been lowered for the HF winch to $630. With the 20% coupon the price is just over $500. This price is now very compelling and brings it to the top of my list for the features it incorporates.

Reviews I have read and viewed seem to be very positive. Can anyone provide additional input regarding your usage experience?
Sponsored

18sport

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 stingray jlur
I installed this winch in a steel rubi bumper with a jcr plate. I have the mopar light bar and had to relocate the control box. It includes the relocation kit. Also includes a flat link hook a power disconnect switch to mount under hood a nice fairland. With this winch plate the wire coming out of the back of the winch would of rubbed the grille if I didn’t use the relocation kit. I also got this with the 20% off coupon on Black Friday for $489 and $6 shipping because local store wouldn’t allow me to use coupon

Sponsored

18sport

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 stingray jlur
3rd picture. It’s mounted to skid plate in a electrical box I picked up at menards. Could of made new cables and fit it under brake booster but didn’t.

MileHigh

First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Hey. Great set up! I just did the same install but with the Warn winch plate. One thing that was a concern was the Freespool lever. It was a possibility that it may interfere with the steel bumper. The bumper on my install does interfere with the Freespool lever. I need to do a slight bend down on the bumper or shave off the bottom of the lever. Did you have an issue with your lever?

Sponsored

18sport

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 stingray jlur
The jcr plate came with shim plates to go under winch the lever works without the light bar hoop but I need to trim the lever to work with the light bar hoop which I haven’t done yet.

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase

MileHigh

First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
The jcr plate came with shim plates to go under winch the lever works without the light bar hoop but I need to trim the lever to work with the light bar hoop which I haven’t done yet.
Nice having the shims. I do like your set up with the bar. I am planning on doing the bar in the future. I need to trim the lever as well and should probably plan to trim it enough to allow for the future bar. Thanks for the info!