Sponsored

Harbor Freight Badland Apex 12,000# Winch Lower Price

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
Assuming your wiring is correct, the worst that can happen is the winch under performs. It may run slower, that's all.
Cool. Yea i plan to wire it with the warn interrupt kit to a switch. It should not be getting power unless i specifically want to use it. Since i've had the Jeep for 3 years now and the only off roading i've done is beach driving, i'm going to say i probably wont be using it much. Thanks for your advice.
Sponsored

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
I know its been a while since this was posted but whos winch guard is this?
That looks like the Mopar low.

I personally went with the Warn low. It's a few inches higher, but not at the top of the grill like the medium, or above like the high, and it's not several like the maximus-3.

My wife wanted it to look stock-ish still.

turbodiz

First Name
Rubi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon

Sponsored

Trk3263

First Name
T2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
If anyone is looking to buy an Apex it looks like they are currently $70 off. It is weird the coupon shows the are normally $629. Everywhere I lol they are listed as $599. What is everyone’s thoughts is this a good coupon or wait for another 20% off coupon to come out.
Jeep Wrangler JL Harbor Freight Badland Apex 12,000# Winch Lower Price 85A23233-4C68-477C-AD11-81C67E91CF13

WannFly

First Name
Priyo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4Xe - ordered, 2019 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber security
HF has a 20% off for one item for inside club members this weekend. i will be getting the winch this afternoon and stare at it until the mount comes in from Maximus-3

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
HF has a 20% off for one item for inside club members this weekend. i will be getting the winch this afternoon and stare at it until the mount comes in from Maximus-3
LOL - I am doing the same thing!

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

https://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-90206.htm

Didn't have to use any spacers, fit perfect. Only issue was the bolts for the fairlead weren't long enough...the Badland fairlead is pretty thick. Quick trip to home depot fixed it though.
Just installed and ran into the same issue with the fairlead bolts. Any chance you took a pic of the packaging for what you found at Home Depot? I found a replacement M12 1.75 at Lowe's but the hex head is too big - can't fit a socket over it through the fairlead. Guess that's why the bundled ones are allen heads....

I need something that's just ~0.5" longer than what they provide.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Just installed and ran into the same issue with the fairlead bolts. Any chance you took a pic of the packaging for what you found at Home Depot? I found a replacement M12 1.75 at Lowe's but the hex head is too big - can't fit a socket over it through the fairlead. Guess that's why the bundled ones are allen heads....

I need something that's just ~0.5" longer than what they provide.
Do you have a large Ace Hardware near you? They typically have a good fastener section, our local Ace Hardware has two full aisles of just fasteners w/ a great variety of grade 8 nuts & bolts and plenty of allen head and stainless options.
Sponsored