Harbor Freight Badland Apex 12,000# Winch Lower Price

TaZ_65

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Damn, just bought one at full price. It's installed so can't return it... oh well. More tools to buy!

Geesmill

First Name
Gees
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Duramax; Chevy Volt
Damn, just bought one at full price. It's installed so can't return it... oh well. More tools to buy!
Do you still have your receipt? You might try purchasing the discounted one and returning it with the original receipt. Not sure if it is worth the time though.

Sponsored

tehkayd

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting-Gray
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
oof, $6.99 delivery ultra cheap. Ordered now.

Jeep Wrangler JL Harbor Freight Badland Apex 12,000# Winch Lower Price image

jcole4020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! '18 Wrangler JL Sport
Lots of good information in this thread, so I want to see if anyone has any suggestions....

Installed the Apex on my ARB Bondi Stubby - the control box needs to be relocated (simple relocation, no new wires needed to be run or holes drilled). Has anyone else had to do this? If so, any good suggestions on where to mount the control box?

AZJim_JoAnn

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2020 JL Sport S
Used the 20% off and 10% off for opening and using their card. With taxes and shipping $463.17. So glad I waited and saved some money I can throw at something else. 🤣

Larrymuld

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Used the 20% off and 10% off for opening and using their card. With taxes and shipping $463.17. So glad I waited and saved some money I can throw at something else. 🤣
Same here! we bought it on Friday and I spend yesterday installing.

74D74422-DD17-4C29-B71E-89F009D715B3.jpeg

Sponsored

DSW21

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
HF 4th of July Sale - 10% off any single item through Monday July 5th!

Jeep Wrangler JL Harbor Freight Badland Apex 12,000# Winch Lower Price Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 12.18.54 AM

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
I just got this winch on sale for labor day. Are you all instilling this with the factor battery? The jl with the tow package should be fine because of the upgraded battery and alternator. Anyone set this up and use it with the smaller better and alternator? I think the instructions say you need a min of 650 cca.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
I just got this winch on sale for labor day. Are you all instilling this with the factor battery? The jl with the tow package should be fine because of the upgraded battery and alternator. Anyone set this up and use it with the smaller better and alternator? I think the instructions say you need a min of 650 cca.
Probably want a Tazer too...then you can set 2000rpm when you winch. That should be enough?

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
Probably want a Tazer too...then you can set 2000rpm when you winch. That should be enough?
I just wonder if anyone has had to worry about that. I replaced my batteries not long ago, so dont want to have to do it again. Should have upgraded, but just got what was available at the time. The battery i have only has like 640 CCA and the winch requires a min of 650 CCA. I thinkt he stock battery has 600 CCA? I just wonder if setting up with the battery I currently have is going to cause any problems. I'll probably never really use the thing, but want to make sure i'm not going to cause any electrical problems or kill my alternator or battery.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
I just wonder if anyone has had to worry about that. I replaced my batteries not long ago, so dont want to have to do it again. Should have upgraded, but just got what was available at the time. The battery i have only has like 640 CCA and the winch requires a min of 650 CCA. I thinkt he stock battery has 600 CCA? I just wonder if setting up with the battery I currently have is going to cause any problems. I'll probably never really use the thing, but want to make sure i'm not going to cause any electrical problems or kill my alternator or battery.
Assuming your wiring is correct, the worst that can happen is the winch under performs. It may run slower, that's all.
Sponsored