Harbor Freight Badland Apex 12,000# Winch Lower Price

OC4X4

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JLUR
Has anyone installed this winch on an ARB Bondi Bumper?? Did you have to notch the frame like on the Zeon series winches?
Sponsored

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
Has anyone installed this winch on an ARB Bondi Bumper?? Did you have to notch the frame like on the Zeon series winches?
It would be great for a list of stubby bumpers that work for this. Rugged Ridge XOR does not. I really am looking back at the cav fab predator, but don't want to try two and fail twice.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
@MN Jeeper
This one isn’t mine, but here’s a pic of a stubby that fits the Apex winch if this’ll help. It’s the LoD signature stubby bumper.
Jeep Wrangler JL Harbor Freight Badland Apex 12,000# Winch Lower Price 1615047235290

mlkmet88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler JKU Sport
Hey. Great set up! I just did the same install but with the Warn winch plate. One thing that was a concern was the Freespool lever. It was a possibility that it may interfere with the steel bumper. The bumper on my install does interfere with the Freespool lever. I need to do a slight bend down on the bumper or shave off the bottom of the lever. Did you have an issue with your lever?
I read somewhere that Warn has made a replacement free spool lever that was to fix this issues for Wrangler steel bumpers. Give them a call them will probably just send you the new replacement lever. call.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I read somewhere that Warn has made a replacement free spool lever that was to fix this issues for Wrangler steel bumpers. Give them a call them will probably just send you the new replacement lever. call.
The new 90* warn winch lever will work on the badland apex winch??

Sponsored

Mtpockets

First Name
MT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4-Door
I get very nervous when I see 2 winches priced so far apart, one for $1700, the other $500.
Are you sure this thing is going to work when you need it?

Last edited:

stuzor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XJ
I've been waiting for it to go on sale again. I don't see it listed with this price on their site. Was this emailed to you?

*Edit - Found it but you have to be a member of the inside track. Wonder if this is a regional thing

Jeep Wrangler JL Harbor Freight Badland Apex 12,000# Winch Lower Price 1617932550950

Air Uncle P

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRU Bright White
Inside Track Folks got first crack at it and their deal ends April 8th. Everyone can get it April 9-11th. Download the Harbor Freight App and it is part of their Spring Black Friday listings .

Sponsored

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
Inside Track Folks got first crack at it and their deal ends April 8th. Everyone can get it April 9-11th. Download the Harbor Freight App and it is part of their Spring Black Friday listings .
Sucks it isn't quite the deal they used to have with the 20% but close enough. This was one of the winches I was considering getting.

Morbo101

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler sport s
I get very nervous when I see 2 winches priced so far apart, one for $1700, the other $500.
Works every time i fire it up. It’s pulled me out of a rut once with no issue.

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
[/
the warn xeon 12s has a 500$ spydura line . They should be comparing to the warn vr series

jcole4020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! '18 Wrangler JL Sport

I am wondering this too. I have the same bumper and I've been waiting to install it based on my winch purchase (ARB advises to install a winch prior to installing the bumper.

Did you ever try the install?
Sponsored