MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
i simply googled the apex and all of a sudden the coupon popped up. I could not believe my eyes. So i quickly went and they honored it. Ive never seen it that low.
Wow you definitely lucked out then. Not looking for a winch right now as I need a new bumper but if it was listed for that price, I’d be buying it and holding on to it for when I was ready.
Sponsored

ModMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Willy’s
Alright, halfway through the install. Ordered the Maximus-3 dually auxiliary lights mount. Going to wait until it arrives before I button everything up.

but wanted to show you all my lever. I was able to clear the steel bumper with the torx bolt installed without any rubbing with the poison spyder zeon winch spacer. It fit perfectly on the warn winch plate and lined up with the bolt holes for the Badland Apex.

no need to cut or shave the free spool lever! Highly recommended!

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...p-w_sw44KXYhmr3moGuieRkxDd-F9N2AaAhyTEALw_wcB

C5A1D82B-6278-4BAE-9482-B8BBECBE6D0E.jpeg

4157AEB9-9BEB-4359-8F27-3BD7696849C3.jpeg

FB2D9480-16CC-4553-A973-A1C22F3CA334.jpeg
i just finished my install in a cloned rubi 3 piece bumper and it sat perfect UNTIL I put on the winch guard bar. Now I can only turn 3/4 of the way.

I need to either chop the handle or cut off the top and weld it back with a 90 degree turn. Not sure how well it will weld, looks like cast aluminum.

pitsqrd

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited, 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland, 1997 Porsche 993, 1978 911 SC 3.6 Restomod, 2017 F150, XLT
Occupation
Biz Dev
Vehicle Showcase
Happy New Year everyone. I was at a newly opened HBF in San Diego yesterday and used the 25% coupon on the 12K Apex winch to get it for $449.99. However......

Here is my dilemma, that I have seen other post about. "Do I really need a winch and how much am I going to use it?" No doubt $449.99 is a great price for this level of quality winch with synt cable, fairlead and hook, but how often will I actually use that investment of $449.99?" I'm going to install my RR HD bumper today but haven't decided to install the winch yet. My current thoughts are along the same lines as when I bought my 1st Tundra 20 years ago and didn't opt for 4WD, because I only go to the snow and off road a couple/few times a year. When I did need 4WD, I was kicking myself for not spending the extra $4K during original purchase.

I think this is where I am headed with my current thought about keeping and installing the winch, but wondering if other's have had the same thoughts, what decision you made and long term outcome of the decision.

Melny67

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jlu
HF had made a website error two days ago and listed their apex 12000 for $375. People including myself were walking into the store and price matching the website prices and some people were actually also able to double dip with the 25% coupon and also getting it for, get this $281
Which that is a smoking deal in my opinion. I rarely off-road but i figured this will save me on a tow or having anxiety on the trail if i am by my self.
The error was online i knew it was one because once you went into cart to check out you will get the $449 price. Found this out via facebook JL page. I do have a screen shot of the sale its possible to go back into the store and maybe get some of the money back if you spent $449 leave the winch at home just bring the receipt or phone number you used. Its not 100% guaranteed.
Jeep Wrangler JL Harbor Freight Badland Apex 12,000# Winch Lower Price IMG_20210101_123518

FB_IMG_1609767416831.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Melny67

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jlu
Wow I would buy one too at that price. Mine shows $449.99 with that coupon code.
The error was online its gone now. You can only get it at the store for that price since the manager has to manually put that price on the computer.

pitsqrd

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited, 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland, 1997 Porsche 993, 1978 911 SC 3.6 Restomod, 2017 F150, XLT
Occupation
Biz Dev
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone with the APEX Winch bought the extended warranty? I didn't realize it only has a 90 day warranty. I still have a couple of weeks to opt to buy either the 1yr for $129 or 2yr for $169, but curious about people's experience.

Apex Sale price of $549 + the $169 2yr warranty almost the same as 12K Smittybilt X20 Synthetic with lifetime mechanical and 5yr electrical warranty.

Has anyone had need of the extend warranty on their APEX winch, would it be worth it?

jenzeee

First Name
Jens
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Rico, I had the same issue as you but adjusted things slightly and got to where it clears the bolt entirely. Not that you really want to unbolt it all again (speaking from experience— it wasn’t fun) but a six pack might make it not so bad. I ended up getting the same Warn hoop guard as you. Looks great.

Kripas, I think you might have issues with it clearing with the Mopar one. You will probably have to trim the handle a decent amount. Not sure if this would work but you could look at trying to retro fit it with the 90 degree turn Warn handle but the easiest would be find a winch that only turns 90 degrees vs 180.

Jeep Wrangler JL Harbor Freight Badland Apex 12,000# Winch Lower Price FB_IMG_1609767416831
Looks dope. - Did I get it right, you got the Mopar winch plate but had to trim/cut it on the sides??

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Jens, Bama and I both used the warn plate ...he had better luck with the handle turning as he shimmied the winch a hair to the left. I just removed the bolt and used a black plastic plug. Also I agree his Jeep looks fantastic!!

BamaJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Grey
That's right. The warn plate! Thanks and nice looking rigs both of y'all as well!

Sponsored

jenzeee

First Name
Jens
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thanks for the feedback.

I assume the Badland universal winch mount does not work, correct?

BamaJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Grey
Thanks for the feedback.

I assume the Badland universal winch mount does not work, correct?
I used the Warn plate with the poison spyder spacers and it worked great. I want to say people tried the Rusty’s and Maximus and ran into clearance issues. There is a member on the gladiator version of this forum that says he used the RockHard winch plate and had no clearance issues. I’ll try to find the thread and copy it here.

edit: it was post #79. (You know, right after the post from DonkeyFluffer ...... Gladiator guys are a different breed......)

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...12k-harbor-freight-winch-install.23358/page-6

neeesack

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Granite Crystal
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I used the Warn winch plate and poison spyder spacers, recommended from the earlier pages, and it works with no issues. The warn winch plate is great because it also comes with the fairlead plate/stealth license plate holder, which saves you from buying the Maximus stealth license plate holder (~$70 last time I checked).

jenzeee

First Name
Jens
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I used the Warn plate with the poison spyder spacers and it worked great. I want to say people tried the Rusty’s and Maximus and ran into clearance issues. There is a member on the gladiator version of this forum that says he used the RockHard winch plate and had no clearance issues. I’ll try to find the thread and copy it here.

edit: it was post #79. (You know, right after the post from DonkeyFluffer ...... Gladiator guys are a different breed......)

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...12k-harbor-freight-winch-install.23358/page-6
@BamaJeep @neeesack @Rico1111

Guys, please help me out to be on the safe side.

Can you please post the MODEL NUMBER (or link) of the Warn winch plate and the Poison Spyder spacers?

That's all, or anything else needed? How/where do you mount your license plate?

- Thank you.

BamaJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Grey
@BamaJeep @neeesack @Rico1111

Guys, please help me out to be on the safe side.

Can you please post the MODEL NUMBER (or link) of the Warn winch plate and the Poison Spyder spacers?

That's all, or anything else needed?

- Thank you.
here you go.
Jeep Wrangler JL Harbor Freight Badland Apex 12,000# Winch Lower Price 001E5171-D225-4792-B50D-485AAB72D1E3

https://www.quadratec.com/p/warn/winch-mount-plate-jeep-wrangler-jl-factory-steel-bumper

https://www.quadratec.com/p/poison-spyder/45-57-010-03-zeon-winch-spacer-plates

Looks like it’s out of stock at Quadratec. I actually have better luck at Northridge4x4 usually but these were the links from where I purchased. I am sure Northridge carries these as well.
Sponsored