Sponsored

Harbor Freight Badland Apex 12,000# Winch Lower Price

omg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Any good snatch block & d-ring shackle recommendations? [not the harborfrieght ones]
Sponsored

trainsafe

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0
Well, we are over a month on my order from HF now. I just got this email saying they somehow overlooked a few orders, and mine was one of them. It seems like the online ordering/warehouse fullfillment model isn't ready for the big time yet.

We owe you an apology. We know you’ve been waiting for delivery on some or all of the item or items contained in the order number referenced above.

Unfortunately, due to a processing error, we have recently discovered a small number of orders did not get fulfilled properly, and we're sorry to let you know that your order was one of them.

This is not what our Harbor Freight customers like you expect and not the quality of service we pride ourselves on providing.

We'd appreciate the chance to process your order on a priority basis and fill and ship any items you have not received as quickly as possible. But we also understand you might prefer to cancel any items in this order you have not yet received.

If you would like us to process your order, please click Keep My Order within five days of receiving this email, and it will receive priority attention.

If you wish to cancel, please click Cancel My Order and we will do so. If we do not receive a response, the order will automatically be cancelled after five days.

R3D J33P

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - Firecracker Red
Does anyone know if you do the control box relocate if there is a cover that can be used to protect the synthetic line from the elements?

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Does anyone know if you do the control box relocate if there is a cover that can be used to protect the synthetic line from the elements?
There are a bounty of winch covers on amazon! Just measure the badland without the control box and grab one from them.

BamaJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Grey
Warn makes a cover for their winches that are metal, the dimensions of the Apex are similar to the Zeon so you could start there. You might also need to have a local shop make a custom plate though. Here are the Warn ones:

https://www.innovativejkproducts.com/shop/warn-zeon-winch-cover/

edit: not actually made by Warn but for the Warn winches by Innovative

Sponsored

BamaJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Grey
Reactions: omg

Graceme123

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S
I finished up my Badlands Apex winch install last night. I can tell you that it requires modifications to fit in a Roam Midwith bumper. I ended up having 1/2 inch spacers made to go between the bumper and the winch mount due to not having enough clearance in front of the winch. I'm still not totally happy with the set up and may end up doing a remote solenoid install in the coming weeks. Sorry for the dark picture I finished up around 1am.

20200708_002130.jpg

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I finished up my Badlands Apex winch install last night. I can tell you that it requires modifications to fit in a Roam Midwith bumper. I ended up having 1/2 inch spacers made to go between the bumper and the winch mount due to not having enough clearance in front of the winch. I'm still not totally happy with the set up and may end up doing a remote solenoid install in the coming weeks. Sorry for the dark picture I finished up around 1am.
Roam bumper looks superb!

Kripas

First Name
Kripas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
Question, I have stock steel bumper with mopar winch hoop guard. Does the hoop guard will hit the main controller or I have to relocate the controller somewhere else.

Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Question, I have stock steel bumper with mopar winch hoop guard. Does the hoop guard will hit the main controller or I have to relocate the controller somewhere else.
I installed using poison spiders metal spacers. Still had slight hit with one bolt... so I left it out!

7D33BC4A-D011-4C47-A975-EA8DB706A707.jpeg

18E1A1C1-5E8A-40BD-BA03-AFF28DB26ACD.jpeg

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
You are right!! I’m sorry. There have been two posts of installation with Mopar one. One guy had no fit issue and the other did. He said you could barely slide a piece of paper through the space. Not sure how the two could be so different with same hoop?

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Mind you the guy who had issue said it fit but the top was right against the hoop.

BamaJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Grey
Rico, I had the same issue as you but adjusted things slightly and got to where it clears the bolt entirely. Not that you really want to unbolt it all again (speaking from experience— it wasn’t fun) but a six pack might make it not so bad. I ended up getting the same Warn hoop guard as you. Looks great.

Kripas, I think you might have issues with it clearing with the Mopar one. You will probably have to trim the handle a decent amount. Not sure if this would work but you could look at trying to retro fit it with the 90 degree turn Warn handle but the easiest would be find a winch that only turns 90 degrees vs 180.

C34B2F57-1428-47D4-BCA6-46EE7EAE23C7.jpeg
Sponsored