First Name
Teneski
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Unlimited Mojito MOAB
Occupation
Entreperneur
Hello all. I just ordered this winch on Harbor Freight's website (May 16, 2020).
Harbor Freight is advertising two coupon codes out on the web. One takes it down to $549 (With code 74777958). It is currently $599 in the store and they will not let you use any coupons because they say it is on sale already marked down from $749. At least that is what I was told today in Tennessee.
I used the coupon code listed in this forum (10611214) and the cost dropped from $599 down to $479.99. Add your local sales tax (mine was $47.48 …. yours will be based on where you live) and $6.99 for shipping. That brought the total down to $534.46.
It's not a Warn but for my use and this much difference in cost and additional features it was to hard to pass up.
Harbor Freight did issue this statement once the order was complete. "Due to extraordinary demand, orders may be delayed by 1-2 weeks. We appreciate your patience and understanding."
Well I ended up just driving over to my local Harbor Freight and buying one today. Had a 20% off coupon I got in the mail so walked out of the store at $479.99 plus tax. Cheaper than my online order. (still no word on when that order will arrive).

Man, seeing this thing in person... I did not realize just how massive it was. The pics online and even videos were deceiving. Go see one in person ... you will fall back in love with it. There is a pretty good thread going on over this install on the Jeep Gladiator forum where someone rerouted the positive terminal to exit out the side of the top versus out the back to help with the issue of the wire rubbing the grill. I think I might do this. I also wondered if I just did a grill insert swap for Gladiator pieces could I not just thread the thing straight into the grill?

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...12k-harbor-freight-winch-install.23358/page-4

Now I need to decide on winch mounting plate. Seems like everyone has the Warn and it is proven to fit with the poison spyder spacers (thanks to previous posters for this). I have no need for a front license plate bracket in my State so don't love that the Warn has one. I am looking into the Maximus-3, American Trail Products, or Rusty's. I also considered the Mopar one too but the price ... yeah just the price. I do see where ATP says their plate fits the badlands 12,000.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/american-trail-products/winch-mount-plate-jeep-wrangler-jl-rubicon

IMG_5523.jpg
Hello all. I just ordered this winch on Harbor Freight's website (May 16, 2020).
Harbor Freight is advertising two coupon codes out on the web. One takes it down to $549 (With code 74777958). It is currently $599 in the store and they will not let you use any coupons because they say it is on sale already marked down from $749. At least that is what I was told today in Tennessee.
I used the coupon code listed in this forum (10611214) and the cost dropped from $599 down to $479.99. Add your local sales tax (mine was $47.48 …. yours will be based on where you live) and $6.99 for shipping. That brought the total down to $534.46.
It's not a Warn but for my use and this much difference in cost and additional features it was to hard to pass up.
Harbor Freight did issue this statement once the order was complete. "Due to extraordinary demand, orders may be delayed by 1-2 weeks. We appreciate your patience and understanding."
Just an update: Not sure why some of you are having to wait so long for these. I ordered on May 16th and have already received mine by Fed EX. It shipped from Cali to Tennessee.
Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Just an update: Not sure why some of you are having to wait so long for these. I ordered on May 16th and have already received mine by Fed EX. It shipped from Cali to Tennessee.
That is more of a question for Harbor Freight!!! They totally screwed the pooch for me!

trainsafe

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0
I just ordered one today. Thanks!!

(Now I better order that new LOD Signature bumper to go with the winch.)

jasonlauren

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2019 Acura RDX Technology Package, 2008 Scion xB Release Series
Well I ended up just driving over to my local Harbor Freight and buying one today. Had a 20% off coupon I got in the mail so walked out of the store at $479.99 plus tax. Cheaper than my online order. (still no word on when that order will arrive).

Man, seeing this thing in person... I did not realize just how massive it was. The pics online and even videos were deceiving. Go see one in person ... you will fall back in love with it. There is a pretty good thread going on over this install on the Jeep Gladiator forum where someone rerouted the positive terminal to exit out the side of the top versus out the back to help with the issue of the wire rubbing the grill. I think I might do this. I also wondered if I just did a grill insert swap for Gladiator pieces could I not just thread the thing straight into the grill?

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...12k-harbor-freight-winch-install.23358/page-4

Now I need to decide on winch mounting plate. Seems like everyone has the Warn and it is proven to fit with the poison spyder spacers (thanks to previous posters for this). I have no need for a front license plate bracket in my State so don't love that the Warn has one. I am looking into the Maximus-3, American Trail Products, or Rusty's. I do see where ATP says their plate fits the badlands 12,000.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/american-trail-products/winch-mount-plate-jeep-wrangler-jl-rubicon

*EDIT* - went ahead and ordered the Warn Winch plate with Poison Spyder spacers. Arrives next week.

IMG_5523.jpg
Good luck with the install! Show us some pics once complete! The Warn Winch and Poison Spyder spacers will clear up the clearance issues with the free spool knob. Be ready to hit up the local hardware if needed.

BamaJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Grey
Good luck with the install! Show us some pics once complete! The Warn Winch and Poison Spyder spacers will clear up the clearance issues with the free spool knob. Be ready to hit up the local hardware if needed.
Thanks, will do! I went ahead and bought some longer carriage bolts and acorn nuts in preparation for install. Now just waiting on the warn plate to arrive. Hoping my current set of wobble extensions will be enough for those inner bumper bolts....

I did find this install thread on a warn winch plate with Zeon Winch that looks super helpful in terms of at least getting the plate on.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...winch-mount-plate-and-zeon-10-s-install.6444/

Jeep Wrangler JL Harbor Freight Badland Apex 12,000# Winch Lower Price B35BB3A1-1674-45F6-9990-1D8FBA819F79

Jeep Wrangler JL Harbor Freight Badland Apex 12,000# Winch Lower Price 43C218B0-A27D-4D0E-AD7C-0955F789F998

edit: these SAE size bolts ended up not working.

Last edited:

Sponsored

omg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
i am still waiting. its been more than 4 weeks :(

BamaJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Grey
It will be interesting to see which arrives first. . . my HF winch or my LOD bumpers. I ordered them at the same time.
Just got a shipping notification for mine. Ordered April 21st. I did however pick one up from my local store already so I'll just be returning this one to there once it arrives.

Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Finally just got shipment notification!! Also ordered 4/21

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
My local HF had one in stock. Just picked it up this morning. I gave them the code that was posted earlier and I got it for $479.99. Thanks for that!

Forgot I needed the LOD mount so I ordered it today. Now just waiting for that and then I’m mount it.

6A5CF69B-2DE8-4CBA-9255-5AC0CC731A7D.png

skiman747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Is the Apex winch superior to the Smittybilt x20 12k comp winch? I see a lot more talk on the Apex.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Cancelled online order and went to local store got one.

Jeep Wrangler JL Harbor Freight Badland Apex 12,000# Winch Lower Price apex
ordered April 21st and Yeah I called and sent emails to cancel my order Because a month went by With no correspondence and what did they do? They charged me Thursday And sent me an email saying it was shipped and on Tuesday it should be here!
I will never order anything from them online again There business practice is shaaaaaady!
Sponsored

Reactions: omg