Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition | 2021 F350 6.7L
Some folks in the Offroad community I’ve spoken to like the HF winches especially since they are typically rarely used.

A good question is, “Why spend lots more on a much more expensive winch?”

Sponsored

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
I could not wait to open the box. 58.5 for the winch weight. That's winch,rope,control box with positive lead.

I'm going to run the Maximus 3 plate. I already have their D-ring mounts up front.
Thanks for posting the weight. :like:

Sponsored

MileHigh

First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_20200321_122238116_HDR.jpg
Bought one yesterday and installed it this morning. Looks great. Hoping it works as well as it looks.

View attachment 294995
You are going to love it! It's an incredible winch for the price. I used mine a lot last month in the snow and it performed great. We worked it hard pulling two trees out of the Forrest through 4' of snow. I really like the safety of the synthetic rope and wireless remote. I was able to walk away from the vehicle and control the winch out where we attached the line to the trees.

MileHigh

First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I posted up somewhere about how much I like the hook that comes with the Apex winch. It works great and is very versatile since it works with straps without a shackle needed. However, over time I noticed the hook marked up the aluminum fairlead some. I just couldn't justify spending the $150-$229 on an aluminum shackle that so many purchase. I'm sure you know the brand... So, I found a few others that seem like they would perform the same. I ended up purchasing this one:

https://www.amazon.com/RUGCEL-WINCH-Loaded-Shackle-Titanium/dp/B07Q3MKBJ1

Great price and looks great on the front. I keep my hook in my kit as well. I have not used this shackle yet but looking to put it to work in a few weeks.

Last edited:

Cahlheim

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2019 JLUR, 2013 C63 AMG
Occupation
Technology
Ended up returning my Smittybilt X2O 12K and pulled the trigger on the Apex. Had nothing but problems with the switch/solenoid.

jasonlauren

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2019 Acura RDX Technology Package, 2008 Scion xB Release Series
I just got my winch install finished up. Badland Apex winch
20200130_150728.jpg
with Warn winch plate.
I just picked up the winch from my local HFT! Did you end up having any trouble with the spool lever using the warn winch plate, such as rubbing against the bumper? Trying to decide whether to go with warn or JCR...

MileHigh

First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just picked up the winch from my local HFT! Did you end up having any trouble with the spool lever using the warn winch plate, such as rubbing against the bumper? Trying to decide whether to go with warn or JCR...
I did, slightly. I used the Warn winch plate. I'm guessing the JCR plate is going to mount the winch in the same place. But maybe, just maybe it will raise it just a tad to where the lever clears the bumper. I took an angle grinder and a metal grinder disc and ground out the bottom portion of the lever. I did this after I installed the winch. Doing it before would be much easier. I didn't explore removing the lever to do the grinding. I saw at my HFT the one they had on display had the lever removed so I'm guessing it's possible.
Sponsored