CreepyCrepe

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge Green JLUWS, 20 Honda Pilot Elite
Clubs

Their ICON tools in my humble estimation are the best thing HF sells. They are fantastic. I've bought lots of stuff from HF over the years. Some of it has been ok. A few things have been total trash. ICON stuff is top shelf.
I've been turning to HF for toolbox organization. Pretty sure the only way I could go cheaper on it would be to 3d print stuff at work.
Sponsored

Reactions: J0E

CreepyCrepe

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge Green JLUWS, 20 Honda Pilot Elite
Clubs

Got the ICON flex head torque wrench.

Been using the cheap Pittsburgh version for a year and decided to upgrade.
I have a Tekton for my 1/2" that I like pretty well, but I was looking at the 5-75lb/ft 3/8" torque wrench they just released. If they had the wrench pliers in stock at my store I would've scooped them up with the 25% coupon.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Any tool kit recommendations from HF? Thought it would be a good opportunity to buy a cheap trail tool kit.
Virtually all listed tool sets will be the Pittsburgh brand. Think of them as occupying the legacy price point/legacy quality tier. In other words, cheap, and all that it brings with it.

Consider building your trail kit a la carte via the Quinn or especially the Icon brands. With respect, shopping by price is the last thing you'll think of or want to worry about when having to self-rescue when off road. šŸ‘

jscherb

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU, 2006 LJ, 2006 Wrangler Pickup
If you're thinking of implementing solar, their 100-watt panel is a great buy at 25% off. Puts out 6 amps in full sun, more than enough to keep my fridge battery charged indefinitely. I've installed mine on a slide-out from under the rack. Also their Solar Charge Controller (less than $20 I think) works very well.

Jeep Wrangler JL Harbor Freight 25% sale this weekend {filename}

Sponsored

Jeepnā€™

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Virtually all listed tool sets will be the Pittsburgh brand. Think of them as occupying the legacy price point/legacy quality tier. In other words, cheap, and all that it brings with it.

Consider building your trail kit a la carte via the Quinn or especially the Icon brands. With respect, shopping by price is the last thing you'll think of or want to worry about when having to self-rescue when off road. šŸ‘
I Guess my thought was theyā€™d only be used on a trail since I have tools at home. But maybe going too cheap is a bad idea in and of itself lol.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Jeep Wrangler JL Harbor Freight 25% sale this weekend 70699134981__9C05563D-A7B7-44B4-8C12-EA65A9B0E2B0

Got myself a hose reel with my coupon.

LCW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(formerly '22 JLUR) '23 Bronco Badlands 2dr 2.7
25% didnā€™t apply to the Badlands off road jack but I still got one. $299 not bad price regardless.

Flip

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Build Thread
Link
"Cannot be used with any of the following : Inside track Track Club memberships, Extended service plans, open box items, gift cards, prior purchases, Atlas, Bauer, Central Machinery, CoverPro, Hercules, Predator, compressors, generators, jacks, miter saws, safes, storage cabinets, carts or welders"

Any single item my ass :mad:
That's why I gave up on the Track club membership. Seemed like every time I bought something there was always an excuse not to give me a discount.

OP
OP
Pig-Pen

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

That's why I gave up on the Track club membership. Seemed like every time I bought something there was always an excuse not to give me a discount.
ITC members get deals all the time. And then when they have the 20% off sales members get 30% off.

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
It does seem that ITC-eligible discounts are less generous than what I was used to seeing just a couple of years ago. I originally purchased a membership to gain access to generously discounted US General tool storage cabinets. That was early 2020, IIRC.

A visit to my local HF last Friday revealed a variety of comparatively low-buck Inside Track discounts on a varied selection of low and medium-priced items. There wasn't anything approaching the savings that I saw (and availed myself of) in the past couple of years, before I let my ITC membership expire.

Now, the foregoing may be a consequence of continued supply chain issues, a shift in corporate policy on the matter, etc. All I know is that I still miss the print catalogs and the legacy 20% coupons that had fewer non-eligible items than today's less-frequently-issued coupons do.

Flip

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Build Thread
Link
It does seem that ITC-eligible discounts are less generous than what I was used to seeing just a couple of years ago. I originally purchased a membership to gain access to generously discounted US General tool storage cabinets. That was early 2020, IIRC.

A visit to my local HF last Friday revealed a variety of comparatively low-buck Inside Track discounts on a varied selection of low and medium-priced items. There wasn't anything approaching the savings that I saw (and availed myself of) in the past couple of years, before I let my ITC membership expire.

Now, the foregoing may be a consequence of continued supply chain issues, a shift in corporate policy on the matter, etc. All I know is that I still miss the print catalogs and the legacy 20% coupons that had fewer non-eligible items than today's less-frequently-issued coupons do.
I agree! Every time I walked in that store and made a purchase I not only got a discount on everything but they were telling me to choose a free gift that came with it. It's just not the same anymore, I talked to a manager about it and she said there has been some changes. Obviously! Don't get me wrong I still like and shop and harbor freight but the ITC isn't worth it to me anymore. ā˜¹

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
this dang thread cost me $513 today :fingerscrossed:

.....although it did save me $157 off the
BADLAND APEX
12,000 lb. Winch with Synthetic Rope and Wireless Remote

Jeep Wrangler JL Harbor Freight 25% sale this weekend {filename}