Sponsored

Happy 4th of July! How many of you are military veterans?

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
Jeep Wrangler JL Happy 4th of July!  How many of you are military veterans? 1625425904491

Happy 4th of July to all the awesome people on this forum! As we celebrate our nation's independence and 244 years of freedom despite our flaws and many ups and downs over the last almost two-and-a-half centuries, I got to thinking about the millions of men and women who have served in the military in one capacity or another and are a big part of why we're still standing as a still-young nation. Thank you all for your service!

Then I got to thinking about all those current/former service members who also owned Jeeps. I've seen a ton of posts by folks on this forum referencing military service, so am curious as to who all served, what service(s), Active/Reserve/Guard, and for how long. Whether it was volunteering, getting drafted, doing a short stint before moving on in life, or going all the way to retirement--doesn't matter. You served, and I'm betting there are a lot of you and we'll see some pretty amazing stories...

Like so many of you, my family has a long history of military service, with ancestors and more recent relatives starting all the way back to the American Revolution, both sides of the Civil War, World War I, World War II, Korea, Vietnam, Persian Gulf War, OIF/OND/OEF, and Special Operations missions we'll never know about.

My dad was an Air Force Academy grad and served 30 years in the Air Force. I overlapped his career by 3 years before he retired, graduating from Texas A&M and entering the Air Force through the Corps of Cadets, serving for 28 years. I've continued on as an Air Force GS civilian here at Randolph AFB in San Antonio.

What's your story?
Sponsored

OP
OP
ObiMatt87

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
Let's not forget our Home Interior Defense Forces...retired Police Officer here.

Jeep Wrangler JL Happy 4th of July!  How many of you are military veterans? il_1588xN.2787967623_sp2f
Absolutely! I literally almost added a caveat to my original post with a separate recognition of those you list on the flag. Should have gone ahead with my gut! Definitely not intentionally leaving out all those career fields for any negative reason. Just had intended to keep this one a bit focused, but by all means, thank YOU for your service keeping us safe at home! And to all the you other first responders/corrections/etc folks, sincere thanks for all you have done/are doing each and every day to keep this nation's citizens safe and well. A big salute to you!

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
Absolutely! I literally almost added a caveat to my original post with a separate recognition of those you list on the flag. Should have gone ahead with my gut! Definitely not intentionally leaving out all those career fields for any negative reason. Just had intended to keep this one a bit focused, but by all means, thank YOU for your service keeping us safe at home! And to all the you other first responders/corrections/etc folks, sincere thanks for all you have done/are doing each and every day to keep this nation's citizens safe and well. A big salute to you!
No worries Bro!!! Definitely wasn't taken negatively!!! You were keeping it more focused and I worried about making it too broad.

For what it's worth I wanted to be a Coast Guard Rescue Swimmer but parents made me go to college instead 🇺🇲

Last edited:

Sponsored

21 Willys

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys Sarge Green
Jeep Wrangler JL Happy 4th of July!  How many of you are military veterans? il_1588xN.2787967623_sp2f

Happy 4th of July to all the awesome people on this forum! As we celebrate our nation's independence and 244 years of freedom despite our flaws and many ups and downs over the last almost two-and-a-half centuries, I got to thinking about the millions of men and women who have served in the military in one capacity or another and are a big part of why we're still standing as a still-young nation. Thank you all for your service!

Then I got to thinking about all those current/former service members who also owned Jeeps. I've seen a ton of posts by folks on this forum referencing military service, so am curious as to who all served, what service(s), Active/Reserve/Guard, and for how long. Whether it was volunteering, getting drafted, doing a short stint before moving on in life, or going all the way to retirement--doesn't matter. You served, and I'm betting there are a lot of you and we'll see some pretty amazing stories...

Like so many of you, my family has a long history of military service, with ancestors and more recent relatives starting all the way back to the American Revolution, both sides of the Civil War, World War I, World War II, Korea, Vietnam, Persian Gulf War, OIF/OND/OEF, and Special Operations missions we'll never know about.

My dad was an Air Force Academy grad and served 30 years in the Air Force. I overlapped his career by 3 years before he retired, graduating from Texas A&M and entering the Air Force through the Corps of Cadets, serving for 28 years. I've continued on as an Air Force GS civilian here at Randolph AFB in San Antonio.

What's your story?
21 years South Carolina National Guard with two years active duty. Retired back in 2005. Thank you everyone for your service and Happy 4th.
God bless America!

Sponsored

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
Entered the Army on the enlisted side 12.5 years ago. It’s been a roller coaster at times but wouldn’t change it for a moment.

To all my fellow military Jeepers, thanks for your service! It’s because of those that sacrifice we can enjoy the freedom we do.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
U. S. Air Force
Logistics / 602X0

My NCO Prep School graduation ceremony was held on 3rd August 1990. We were given our certificates (I still have my Distinguished Graduate award), a handshake, and told to return to our squadrons without delay.

You can guess the rest. :)
Sponsored