Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Hanson Offroad showcased their aftermarket replacement bumper for the 2018 JL Wrangler at SEMA.

Hanson-offroad-JL-Wrangler-Bumper1.jpg

Hanson-offroad-JL-Wrangler-Bumper2.jpg

Hanson-offroad-JL-Wrangler-Bumper3.jpg
Sponsored

Corduroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Cherokee
Do we know if JK bumpers will fit? I'm assuming no if they have a JL specific one here?

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Do we know if JK bumpers will fit? I'm assuming no if they have a JL specific one here?
We don't have that information yet. They did have JL and JK specific bumpers on display, although that doesn't necessarily mean that they are not interchangeable. Will update everyone as we get more.

Hanson-offroad-JL-Wrangler-Bumper4.jpg

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
What an exciting time for Jeep fans and the aftermarket suppliers! You don't get a new Wrangler very often, so there should be a whole new rush of creativity coming at us. We're already seeing it from Jeep themselves, with things like the molle webbing on the seat backs. (I'm still going nuts over that feature!)

Corduroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Cherokee
We don't have that information yet. They did have JL and JK specific bumpers on display, although that doesn't necessarily mean that they are not interchangeable. Will update everyone as we get more.
Thanks Jay (and nice to have a name)!

I'm hoping for some backwards compatibility since there's a ton of JK parts already available, but it's also exciting to see all the brand new development for the JL. Can't wait to see what you guys will show us next.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Jay (and nice to have a name)!

I'm hoping for some backwards compatibility since there's a ton of JK parts already available, but it's also exciting to see all the brand new development for the JL. Can't wait to see what you guys will show us next.
I do remember a Jeep exec saying in an interview last spring or summer that "most" JK accessories will work on the JL. I distinctly heard him say that.

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Can't wait to see some full width flushed fender ones

Hanson Offroad

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU (On order) - 1991 Jeep XJ - !988 Jeep Commanche

Hanson-offroad-JL-Wrangler-Bumper4.jpg
Jay,

Thanks for the SEMA coverage and thanks for the invite to the site! Hanson has a full line of bumpers, rocker protection, and tube fenders being refined as we type this. The JL is a much refined package over the JK, but in all the right areas. This should be a great platform for years to come.

Hanson Offroad

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Jay,

Thanks for the SEMA coverage and thanks for the invite to the site! Hanson has a full line of bumpers, rocker protection, and tube fenders being refined as we type this. The JL is a much refined package over the JK, but in all the right areas. This should be a great platform for years to come.

Hanson Offroad
Are you able to respond to Corduroy’s question above regarding interchangeability yet, or do we need to wait until the 13th to find out?

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
  • Everyone is showing their front bumpers coming out but none for the rear yet except one and it that desert something company. they are really nice but they were like 1000 just for the rear and you had to relocate the licences plate back like the JK had it. i dont want to put the licences plate back where it was on the JK.. It was a bad spot on the JK and i had it ripped off from the car wash before. a brush got caught on it and just ripped it off, Lucky it was stock part so they paid to put a new one on because it tore everything and broke it bad. I want a rear bumper where the plate stays in the bumper like it does now because that looks nice.. I have talk to a few company's making bumpers for the front right now and they all said no they dont plain on making with a cut out in the rear bumper for the plate. So that means you have to relocate the plate on your own i guess. i guess i will get the steel bumpers on my new JL and just replace the front unless some company makes one where i can keep my plate in the bumper like the factory one does

rayzjeep

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Jay,

Hanson Offroad
Steve,

Do these bumpers accept the LED fog lights from the Rubicon Steel bumper? I had a Hanson bumper on my YJ and really liked the quality and was looking to buy one for the JL.
Sponsored