Sponsored

JandS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe | Exige S | R wagon | V Wagon | MB S65
My 1997 Volvo 850R with its turbocharged 5-cylinder was always fun, and consistent, to drive. Has that initial turbo build-up, but wound up reasonably quick and then would scoot. 6.6 second 0-60 IIRC.
I had a couple of R wagons, both P1 and P2. Volvo deliberately hamstrung the 0-60 numbers because stoplight pulls aren't safe - in the 05-07s, the engine delivered about 100lb/ft less torque in first gear.

However, those things could go from 60-140 really fast. Seemingly almost as fast as our V-wagon. Seemingly.
Sponsored

JBrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport
Vehicle Showcase
I had a couple of R wagons, both P1 and P2. Volvo deliberately hamstrung the 0-60 numbers because stoplight pulls aren't safe - in the 05-07s, the engine delivered about 100lb/ft less torque in first gear.

However, those things could go from 60-140 really fast. Seemingly almost as fast as our V-wagon. Seemingly.
My buddy had one I got to drive once, limited experience but I really loved the thing. Left me with a kind of lingering love of volvos. Off topic but as a heavy duty mechanic I'm a Volvo fan for their class 8 trucks, they just ride and shift nicer than anything in their price bracket. a Pete or Kenworth is easily as nice but $$$ (especially Peterbilts with an air assisted clutch, ooh boy that's smooth).

Anyways, boost/torque limiting by gear... Sad but the rubber only meets the road so fast given your tires and chassis. Lots of vehicles deliberately limit torque in lower gears. Could've definitely been a little spicier in 1st though, gotta love burning tires sometimes

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
I like the hybrid a lot but the blue hybrid details on the yellow is horrible I think.

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
The magneto is awesome. I wish the production one would end up looking like that.

Sponsored

phobos512

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I aspire to a 4xe
did they say the Magneto 2 door is 5100 lbs? wow
Given the body on frame construction and the over 70 KWh in the pack (IIRC) that's really not all that bad. It still has a transmission AND then it's loaded full of batteries.

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
Nothing from the state of Ohio should ever be blue and yellow
Good thing the one in the video (and the one I'm wiaiting to get) is Nacho and not Hella Yella then.