Sponsored

digimark

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 MT JK 2-dr X, Nacho JLUR 4xe.
Didn't see any Off-Road+ button on that yellow Rubi. Also answered my question about whether the Rubicons would have the red dash. I'm pleased to see this one didn't. Also Tommy didn't know how to lift the back seat.

All the comments so far are how either 1. it's stupid, or 2. The tech (and Jeep) is unreliable and shouldn't be trusted, but Yeah Hemi 392! [facepalm]

CsD

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe
It’s almost exactly the same one I ordered. Hopefully I’ll have my hands on mine in just a few weeks.

Sponsored

PriceForFlight

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Road Tests must be embargoed until a certain date. We'll likely see them all post the same day from multiple sources.

Jamie Brown

First Name
Jamie Brown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC 3500AT4, Nissan Leaf, RAM 4500
I wonder if that was one of the ones the guy posted about last week he saw going west in Indiana. Would make sense.

Asterix2112

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
Not a single thing I did not know. Would have been nice if he folded up the back seats...

BTA

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru legacy
I wonder if that was one of the ones the guy posted about last week he saw going west in Indiana. Would make sense.
doubtful, you can see the concept vehicles in the background, I assume these were all brought by jeep for their press event a couple days ago.

Sponsored

Asterix2112

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
Wish it was offered in a 6-speed.
With the unique way the electric motor is entrained as part of the transmission, different from other hybrids (I am not technical but I know it's unique) I wonder if that would preclude the ability to have a true manual transmission?

bkinnj

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 DDRT / '21 JLUR4xe
With the unique way the electric motor is entrained as part of the transmission, different from other hybrids (I am not technical but I know it's unique) I wonder if that would preclude the ability to have a true manual transmission?
There's a manual on the Magneto concept.

blueweb

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 TJ Rubicon, '22 4xe Rubicon
The Magneto concept brings up a disadvantage point on an all-electric off-roading vehicle. What happens when you deplete the 12v battery while doing a winch recovery? There is no alternator that will recharge anything.
Sponsored