Sponsored

Ham radio

Wkaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
I'm planning on getting my ham radio technicians license. My question is: what is the best source for studying. I don't want to waste my money on books or on line classes that that are too general in all the types of licenses and over burdened with the technical specs of higher licenses.
Sponsored

SpaceCase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon

prerunner1982

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokees
I used study guides from KB6NU ( No-Nonsense Study Guides - KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog ) for my Tech and General and Hamstudy.org for Extra.
The ones by KB6NU are more like a book with some additional information to hopefully help you understand.
Hamstudy.org is more question and answer memorization.
If you go with hamstudy.org I typically suggest going to the read questions section where it will give you the question and correct answer, the wrong answers are subdued (do not read them). Go through this multiple times before taking any practice test, this way the correct answer will stand out. Some people say they just take practice test over and over. To me this puts all the answers in your head...right and wrong instead of only knowing the correct answer and it jumping out at you.
Sponsored