Not-A-a-ron

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
NMO Fender Mounts Available ...

The metal fabrication shop made several extra NMO fender mounts.

They are 16 gauge stainless ... either with or without holes for the sheet metal screws.

I also have two that will fit on a JK. The fender is slightly different on that model.

Let me know if you would like one.

IMG_2219.JPG
Do you have any more of these antenna mounts available?? I'm planning to use the Midland MXTA25 antenna, which has a 1.5" wide base. Will that fit on this mount and still have body clearance? Feel free to PM me... Thanks..
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bobby Boucher

Bobby Boucher

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2-Door JL
Hi Erin:

The mount will accommodate a 1.5" base however, it has a 3/4" hole designed for an NMO antenna mount. Will your antenna be able to use that size mounting hole ?

Not-A-a-ron

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Hi Erin:

The mount will accommodate a 1.5" base however, it has a 3/4" hole designed for an NMO antenna mount. Will your antenna be able to use that size mounting hole ?
Yes, the antenna I'm looking at is NMO and uses the 3/4" hole design. I've seen some L brackets on Amazon, but not sure if they're the right size to mount under the cowl like yours. Let me know how much the mount costs and how to get the money to you. I have PayPal, Venmo, Zelle, and ApplePay.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bobby Boucher

Bobby Boucher

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2-Door JL
Send me a PM.

FyrMdc

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Do you have any more mounts available? I would like one or two if possible.

Thank you,

Dave

Sponsored

JNick910

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
Do you have any more mounts available? I would like two if possible. I can send you payment via PayPal or however you like.
Thanks,
John

F20FA8C5-5D93-4D9A-BA0E-F180CFC0E4ED.jpeg

Tim Huff

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL
With the new bolt pattern on the windshield pillar, I was unable to use my Rugged Radio antenna mount from the JK on the new JL.

Since I'm not a big fan of mounting the antenna on the tailgate, I wanted to keep the mount near the front of the vehicle.

However, I found that the standard NMO right-angle antenna bracket did not provide enough clearance from the body for the base of the antenna.

So, off to the the metal fabrication shop. A nice piece of stainless was cut to extend the mount away from the body.

The antenna and power cable are routed through the firewall near the brake booster.

I have a Yaesu FT-8900R unit under the passenger seat and the control head is mounted with Scotch clear double-side tape in front of the shift selector. The speaker is mounted to the front edge of the console using the same tape.

Jeep Wrangler JL Ham Radio Antenna Install F20FA8C5-5D93-4D9A-BA0E-F180CFC0E4ED

I just picked up a Sarge Green 2 Door wrangler and found your post. I like the mount you show and would like you if you still make them.

OP
OP
Bobby Boucher

Bobby Boucher

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2-Door JL
Sorry, Tim ... I do not have any left and will not be making any more for a while.