Halogen to LED Fender Turn Signals

vonweidner

First Name
Von
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Hello I currently have single bulb halogen turn signals on my 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL. I have new LED turn signals with a white light and orange for the turn signal. The seller is instructing me to program the vehicle settings for the turn signal from halogen to LED in order for it to run correctly. Do I need to buy a programmer? Or can the dealership do it for me?
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Do I need to buy a programmer?
It depends. Generally, a quality set of switchback LEDs should work without needing to program anything. However, most will use a programmer to set/program/flash the vehicle to LED to prevent any possible issues.

Or can the dealership do it for me?
Depends on the dealership. It will likely cost you more to have one do it than it would to purchase something like JSCAN. A Tazer may even be cheaper depending on dealer labor rates.

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
Hello I currently have single bulb halogen turn signals on my 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL. I have new LED turn signals with a white light and orange for the turn signal. The seller is instructing me to program the vehicle settings for the turn signal from halogen to LED in order for it to run correctly. Do I need to buy a programmer? Or can the dealership do it for me?
I replaced mine with switchbacks from Diode Dynamics and it was plug n play. Mine is a '21 tho

Sponsored

OP
OP

vonweidner

First Name
Von
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
It depends. Generally, a quality set of switchback LEDs should work without needing to program anything. However, most will use a programmer to set/program/flash the vehicle to LED to prevent any possible issues.

Depends on the dealership. It will likely cost you more to have one do it than it would to purchase something like JSCAN. A Tazer may even be cheaper depending on dealer labor rates.
So a JSCAN can do this for me? Could you provide a link maybe? Thanks

OP
OP

vonweidner

First Name
Von
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I replaced mine with switchbacks from Diode Dynamics and it was plug n play. Mine is a '21 tho
The problem is the sizes. Since mine is the single bulb halogen I need a smaller size - not many options.

OP
OP

vonweidner

First Name
Von
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
CONT. The turn signal works when the lights are off. When the lights are on the white light overpowers the turn signal so it wont even show when i turn it on - it just stays white. Unless I turn the lights off then back on while its running

Sponsored

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I used some Lastfit switchbacks from Amazon to replace my halogen turn bulb. Plug and play, they're white if lights are on but blink orange. No bulb out errors, didn't reprogram for LED.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

JEBIGA

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
Occupation
Union Electrician
I used some Lastfit switchbacks from Amazon to replace my halogen turn bulb. Plug and play, they're white if lights are on but blink orange. No bulb out errors, didn't reprogram for LED.
Any chance you have the part number? I'm looking to change mine as well. Thank you!
Sponsored