Sponsored

Halogen to LED DRL - Do I need a dealer code?

Alasek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Tazer Lite will not work for this change. Need at least the mini. @Alasek I believe you can send your Lite to Zautomotive and get upgraded to a Mini. Here is features list by model.

C03CA934-6AD5-44A2-88E8-DB00AC032CF0.jpeg
So how you install this
like you plug in and play?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
So how you install this
like you plug in and play?
Pretty simple install. Pop of panel under steering wheel and follow install instructions with unit. Couple plugs, a small tie wrap, pop panel back on. Then go through marrying unit and programming features you want/need.

the instructions with the unit are pretty decent.

Alasek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Pretty simple install. Pop of panel under steering wheel and follow install instructions with unit. Couple plugs, a small tie wrap, pop panel back on. Then go through marrying unit and programming features you want/need.

the instructions with the unit are pretty decent.
I think I had a successfully tazer installation no more hyper flash or error on the dash
Do you leave the device plugged in Or can I unplugg it

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I think I had a successfully tazer installation no more hyper flash or error on the dash
Do you leave the device plugged in Or can I unplugg it
I leave mine since I wanted the ESS permanently turn off. It is a live function and Tazer needs to stay present

Sponsored

IamThad72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler unlimited willys
I am having the same issue. As soon as computer recognizes its a LED turn signal it throws an error and turn signals don't work. Its better to just buy a Tazer and get it over with that way you don't have to go dealer if you upgrade something else.
I upgraded my 2020 Willys which has LED headlamps and Halogen DRLs to Mopar high top fender LED DRLs. At first, I got the blinker error on both. Then after a day, they seemed fine. Today, only the right side blinker is bad. Is Jscan a safe option to change the settings? I've seen some instructions but wasn't exactly the same scenario.

dgulia

First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport JLU; 2019 Ram 2500 Laramie; 2019 Jeep Cherokee
I used the Tazer to program them and no more issues.

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

I upgraded my 2020 Willys which has LED headlamps and Halogen DRLs to Mopar high top fender LED DRLs. At first, I got the blinker error on both. Then after a day, they seemed fine. Today, only the right side blinker is bad. Is Jscan a safe option to change the settings? I've seen some instructions but wasn't exactly the same scenario.
You will need to apply a code, and your dealer will probably can't give it to you, as FCA did not give the code to Mopar, which is beyond dumb; but that is a different conversation.

I used a Tazer JL to get my system set correctly. I don't know anything about the Jscan, but it may have the same setting that you can make. The Tazer JL definitely works, many of us have used it.

IamThad72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler unlimited willys
You will need to apply a code, and your dealer will probably can't give it to you, as FCA did not give the code to Mopar, which is beyond dumb; but that is a different conversation.

I used a Tazer JL to get my system set correctly. I don't know anything about the Jscan, but it may have the same setting that you can make. The Tazer JL definitely works, many of us have used it.
I've called several dealers, still waiting for response, to ensure they can correct it before scheduling. The first dealer gave me the runaround and said it may take hours. That seems like a head scratcher to me. The dealer I purchased the fenders from said it should be P&P. I guess they really are in the dark. This is my first Jeep and it really is concerning that Jeep dealers seem so overwhelmed with the modifications Jeep drivers perform and their lack of willingness and desire to help.

Sponsored

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

I've called several dealers, still waiting for response, to ensure they can correct it before scheduling. The first dealer gave me the runaround and said it may take hours. That seems like a head scratcher to me. The dealer I purchased the fenders from said it should be P&P. I guess they really are in the dark. This is my first Jeep and it really is concerning that Jeep dealers seem so overwhelmed with the modifications Jeep drivers perform and their lack of willingness and desire to help.
I ran into the exact same problem. I purchased the OEM LED headlight kit from the dealer, had the dealer install it. The kit came with complete wiring modifications and codes. Took a few times because the dealer didn't read the directions, but the kit worked.

As for the fenders. I have a Sport S that came with the halogen fenders, like you. I ordered the Mopar LED fender kit from the dealer. I had the dealer install it. The catalog says Mopar parts are supported and work in Jeeps. The install was plug and play. The LED indicators would fail, consistently, after about 5-6 turns. The dealer cannot fix this issue. The local FCA rep just said "well, it doesn't work, and we don't know why". No solutions were offered. Jeep Cares was of absolutely no help either. They did not offer to put the old fenders back on, nor replace the LED fenders. From what I understand, there is a code. This stuff works fine when installed in the factory. FCA will not give Mopar the code.

My fenders are working just fine. I used a Tazer JL, and selected the LED Fenders option to Y. They work fine, and have been for over a year.

Every time I bring the Jeep in, I ask for an update on making my LED fenders work. The answer remains the same, no answer.

humrk311

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited / 1999 BMW R1100S / 1998 BMW M3
If your question is regarding LED DRL/turn signal there is no code. Yes, there is a persistent conspiracy theory that there is a code but FCA won’t share it with dealers but that’s false.. I won’t regurgitate how I know but if it’s important to you it’s easy enough to read my prior posts...

The root issue is the chassis wiring harness on a non-LED vehicle is different than that harness on a LED vehicle..

A Tazer (or similar) will cure hyper-flash and “bulb out” warnings..

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
I used Jscan for my swap. Worked great.

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

If your question is regarding LED DRL/turn signal there is no code. Yes, there is a persistent conspiracy theory that there is a code but FCA won’t share it with dealers but that’s false.. I won’t regurgitate how I know but if it’s important to you it’s easy enough to read my prior posts...

The root issue is the chassis wiring harness on a non-LED vehicle is different than that harness on a LED vehicle..

A Tazer (or similar) will cure hyper-flash and “bulb out” warnings..
I remember your posts now. It would be nice of FCA would just fess up and tell us that the wiring harnesses are different, and document in their catalog that the LED fender kits are not supported on vehicles that did not ship with LED fenders. Lastly, make the rest of us whole that bought unsupported kits unknowingly.