Sponsored

Halo Lights - which wire turns them on?

Obiwanpat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
hello I'm in France and we have the same problem, I tryed to activate halo's with the taser JL and instead of that , it stopped my fender's DLR . Is anybody founded a solution for halo's ??

Thanks
Sponsored

JL.FR

First Name
Casa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU RUBICON 2.0 Turbo MOJITO
hello I'm in France and we have the same problem, I tryed to activate halo's with the taser JL and instead of that , it stopped my fender's DLR . Is anybody founded a solution for halo's ??

Thanks
Salut Pat ... j'ai trouvé les schémas électriques içi sur ce forum dans une autre section , y'a plus d'espoir pour l'Europe ... sauf a voir si les Halos sont dans les phares ou pas et mettre la pine qui manque si ils y sont ...

Obiwanpat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Salut Pat ... j'ai trouvé les schémas électriques içi sur ce forum dans une autre section , y'a plus d'espoir pour l'Europe ... sauf a voir si les Halos sont dans les phares ou pas et mettre la pine qui manque si ils y sont ...

Hello Floréal I've just sent an email to Zautomotive if the led are inside the 3 pins Factory JEEP LIGHT. I'am waiting for their answer

JL-D5009

First Name
Khalil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU and Jeep JLU
Well, after trying to get hold of the actual harness to have the factory Halos activated (Impossible) as its constantly on backorder.

So here is the update what I will be doing until I finally get hold of the harness and I have a feeling this will end up being better.

I just placed an order on the Oracle LED Headlight surface and will tap them into the side DLRs.

So once they arrive I'll have them installed and upload the before and after. So hopefully they will arrive next week and update back here again.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I don't have the LED lights, so I can't check myself, but can anyone here post pictures of the wiring colors going to each the left and right headlamps on the LED lights? Looking at the drawings, I believe the left halo is a White/Yellow wire, and the right halo is a White/Dark Blue wire.

It may be the case that those colors are only for the fender lights however, the electrical schematics are really bad.

This may be better: Beige/Dark Blue on the left side, Beige/Orange on the right.

Last edited:

Rusty Teeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Electronics Tech/ Fabricator/ 5G Fiber Optic Cellular Tech
Im able to activate the halo's by just putting the headlight switch on 1 click running light position. Then covering the dash light sensor. Wala halo. Only took a year of playing with it. Seems things changed with over the air and dealer flash for rough idle surging and poor gas mileage.
Frank dash light sensor is domed device just left of top dash eyeglass holder

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Im able to activate the halo's by just putting the headlight switch on 1 click running light position. Then covering the dash light sensor. Wala halo. Only took a year of playing with it. Seems things changed with over the air and dealer flash for rough idle surging and poor gas mileage.
Frank
What do you mean? The halos are always on.

Rusty Teeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Electronics Tech/ Fabricator/ 5G Fiber Optic Cellular Tech
Just the halo not the whole bulb, see pix.

20190426_141016.jpg

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
I think you’ll find that turning the headlight switch to any position, and doing nothing at all with the sensor, the halos will still be on.

JL-D5009

First Name
Khalil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU and Jeep JLU
Well the oracles arrived and just finished installing them.

I tapped the Red power wire into the side DLRS and grounded the Black wire.

This is the final result.

It's so easy to install and I'll run these until I find a solution for the originals to activate.

20190506_004153.jpg

20190505_204834.jpg

Also added a video incase you want to see how they look :

Last edited:

Beane2

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
Hey guys - same problems here on a Sahara. Just picked up a set of LED headlights (off another member) and went to install and found the 3 wire plug. No Halo nor no hi/lo @ same time when on hi. I also have a Superchip programmer and set Halo to on with zero luck. Looks like it definitely has something to do with wiring and harness. Has anyone found a fix?
Did you ever get those lights to work?

AndysJL

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2.2 Sahara MY18
While installing a hood lock I took the chance and pulled out the right headlight - and disconnected the plug. Guess what - there is not only a wire missing but also the corresponding male pin at the lamp case. So adding a wire / fiddling with a tazer can't be successful.
This is a european version. Can anybody figure out by the part number if there is a halo inside at all??
55112880AD
Sponsored