Sponsored

Halo Lights - which wire turns them on?

First Name
Abdulrahman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL 2018
While installing a hood lock I took the chance and pulled out the right headlight - and disconnected the plug. Guess what - there is not only a wire missing but also the corresponding male pin at the lamp case. So adding a wire / fiddling with a tazer can't be successful.
This is a european version. Can anybody figure out by the part number if there is a halo inside at all??
55112880AD
Same issue with 55112880AD there is no male pin in the lamp case
Sponsored

Knightcustoms

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
Well the oracles arrived and just finished installing them.

I tapped the Red power wire into the side DLRS and grounded the Black wire.

This is the final result.

It's so easy to install and I'll run these until I find a solution for the originals to activate.

20190506_004153.jpg

20190505_204834.jpg

Also added a video incase you want to see how they look :
Can you share more info on how you did this please? Seems like it is a lot simpler than the oem mod.

Sarathzzz

First Name
Sarath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl
Well I'm in the opposite boat, as my JLU Rubicon comes with the Halo lights off with no option to turn them on. I am trying to have them switched on and purchased a JL Tazer and still couldn't get them activated. Our JLs that come are the middle east version. So I have now found out that I have a wire missing behind the headlight housing and cant figure out which one is it as I have nothing it to compare it with. (Picture attached)

I am guessing that this might help you know what wire it is and help me with my missing wire. Let me know if you want me to take more pictures of anything else to exchange to help get the answer for us both.

Screenshot_20180827-190605_Gallery.jpg
Hi
Found any solution?
Even my UAE spec rubicon doesnt have the option
Let me know
Thanks

Spudro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
OK, So of coarse I'm trying to find a solution to be able to turn off the Halo lights and I'm considering everything including reaching out to two outstanding YouTube channels dedicated to the JL who did a video review of the TAZER JL programmer.

To both "JeepInformant" and "JL Journal" channels I asked "Does the Tazer have a feature to allow you to turn off the Halo lights while the engine is running? If not, do you know how this can be done?" Both responded and basically saying to ask Z Automotive the question so I did.

Of Z Automotive I asked these questions;
"While looking at settings for the Tazer JL I see “Disable Halo’s” under the lighting menu. Being able to shut off the Halo’s while running the Jeep’s motor would be a fantastic feature.

Could you please take a moment to help me understand this setting? What I’d like to know is how this setting works? Does it simply turn the Halo’s off or on while programming or does it add something to the settings in the 8.4” vehicle infotainment system for easy on/off control?"

This is what Allen of Z Automotive had to say;
"As of now it just allows you to delete them. To use them again you’d have to go in and re-enable them. I may add more control in future releases."

I want to thank JeepInformant, JL Journal and Z Automotive for their quick responses. For right now I think I will pass on the TAZER JL and instead look into identifying the wire that powers the Halo lights and use a switch to control them from inside my Jeep.

Has anyone positively identified which wire powers the Halo lights in a JLU with the factory LED lighting option?
I disconnected the driver side headlight plug then started the engine. The only wire in the plug with power was the small light brown with a blue stripe. The passenger side also has that wire in the plug. I would assume it would also be hot.

DeepCaves

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JLU 2.0 Turbo, 2020 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Land Development
Someone might find the Carmin app on iOS useful if you are looking for colored wiring diagrams for headlight applications. You can view the diagrams for free, but you can't download or print them without paying for the annual subscription. Lots of info in the app for Jeeps. I know I have seen this app mentioned elsewhere on the forum. The free version of the app is a pain to navigate due to it being add driven, but I was able to find the wiring diagrams in color for my 2020 JL.
Sponsored