fratnike

First Name
Enrico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0l turbo (ita version)
Dear all,

I have seen many beautiful images of your JLs in which you have active DRL + HALO.

screen10.jpg

I have bought a JLU Rubicon 2.0l turbo (no e-power available for Italy) with also the LED lights option but the ring inside the main headlights seems not working.

Do you have any idea if this feature is working only for the US market?

Thank you in advance if you have any information and many greetings from the north-east of Italy

Enrico
Sponsored

Obiwanpat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
hello everybody, I have the same trouble on my Wrangler JL Rubicon 2.2 diesel

I have bought the tazer mini to activate them, instead of that it stopped my fender DRL and I can't turn them ON anymore.. :((

help

JL.FR

First Name
Casa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU RUBICON 2.0 Turbo MOJITO
Dear all,

I have seen many beautiful images of your JLs in which you have active DRL + HALO.

screen10.jpg

I have bought a JLU Rubicon 2.0l turbo (no e-power available for Italy) with also the LED lights option but the ring inside the main headlights seems not working.

Do you have any idea if this feature is working only for the US market?

Thank you in advance if you have any information and many greetings from the north-east of Italy

Enrico
You do not like us in France and all over Europe I think ... I looked at the drawings and I dismounted a lighthouse and unfortunately there are only three pins on the connector on headlamp EU, low beam, hight beam, and ground ... nothing else on US model there are 4 pins , the last one is for Halo ...

UKJeep2018

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Wrangler Sahara
I’d like to know if the Halo Daytime running lights can be switched on. I noticed with tazer JL you can switch DRL’s region. If anyone with a European spec wrangler has the tazer maybe they can test it?

I suspect Jeep disabled it because of rules regarding daytime running lights in Europe

Sponsored

AndysJL

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2.2 Sahara MY18
You do not like us in France and all over Europe I think ... I looked at the drawings and I dismounted a lighthouse and unfortunately there are only three pins on the connector on headlamp EU, low beam, hight beam, and ground ... nothing else on US model there are 4 pins , the last one is for Halo ...
did you manage to get that male connector out of the lamp case?? I can only move it a few mm left and right but then it is blocked.
Just thinking of looking inside to see if there is a chance to reach the halo .. or at least to see if there is one inside at all..
BTW part no. is 55112880AD

Last edited:

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
Any more news on this? , would be a great mod to do !

mbinzayed

First Name
Mohammad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
Hi,

I am facing the same issue with my Sahara JL 2019 bought in the United Arab EMIRATES (Dubai), I guess we are following European standard in terms of specs.

From the look of the headlight, it seems the Halo ring is there but disabled, I am not sure if the headlight is disabled by the software or hardware (4th missing wire). Anybody have any information if Tazer JL will help or wire modification is required.

I am in love with Hale light look it is differently better.

20190716_122241.jpg

UKJeep2018

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Wrangler Sahara
Well I just went and switched up my LED’s for the USA ones to get the halo. I powered the halo by using a fuse piggy back thing on the cigarette lighter fuse. I wasn’t sure if our BCM would even power the halo so I chose the simple route. Looks awesome.

Also I believe the EU LED’s come with some kind of auto levelling device for the lights. I was able to successfully migrate the devices to the USA ones, replacing the manual ones they come with.

AB1B8976-2E8A-4CE7-89BD-80199349E213.jpeg

hidprojectors

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU
We can modify your stock headlights to add a new halo that is either switchback (white Daytime Running Light and amber Turn Signal) or Color changing.
We are in the USA though so you'd need to either purchase a new set from us or mail your stock lights in to us to complete the work. You can see our options here: https://www.hidprojectors.com/collections/wrangler-jl-2018

OEM JL HIDprojectors 2.jpg

Sponsored

Tadek6

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2019 4dr Rubicon / 2015 Jeep GC SRT
Well I just went and switched up my LED’s for the USA ones to get the halo. I powered the halo by using a fuse piggy back thing on the cigarette lighter fuse. I wasn’t sure if our BCM would even power the halo so I chose the simple route. Looks awesome.

Also I believe the EU LED’s come with some kind of auto levelling device for the lights. I was able to successfully migrate the devices to the USA ones, replacing the manual ones they come with.

Jeep Wrangler JL HALO lights in Europe/Italy OEM JL HIDprojectors 2
Hi Luke,

I want to do the same if possible. Where did you source the USA ones from? Was it a kit or just a wiring loom into the existing headlights?

Thanks

Nick

Sarathzzz

First Name
Sarath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl
H
Hi,

I am facing the same issue with my Sahara JL 2019 bought in the United Arab EMIRATES (Dubai), I guess we are following European standard in terms of specs.

From the look of the headlight, it seems the Halo ring is there but disabled, I am not sure if the headlight is disabled by the software or hardware (4th missing wire). Anybody have any information if Tazer JL will help or wire modification is required.

I am in love with Hale light look it is differently better.

Jeep Wrangler JL HALO lights in Europe/Italy OEM JL HIDprojectors 2
Hey
Found any solution?
Let me know
Thanks

RockinCoder

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara 2019
Just thought I'd add something to this from my own experience. I bought a JL Sahara 2019 with factory fitted LED pack. It looks like it has the halo factory fitted but not enabled from looking at the front of the headlamps, they have the tell tale ring. But on checking the LED headlamps, they do not have the halo part fitted inside and pin 5 is missing with only the 3 wires going to each headlamp instead of 4 required for halo's.
I also found out that if you do get halo headlights for European JL's you cannot use the Tazer JL to enable them as the driver outputs from the body module are actually used to drive the side repeater/indicators on the side mirrors (which US jeeps do not have), which is mentioned on the zautomotive.com website at the bottom of the Tazer JL description. So you would need to power them from the cigarette fuse as UKJeep2018 said earlier.

Hope that helps someone 🙂

Sarathzzz

First Name
Sarath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl
Just thought I'd add something to this from my own experience. I bought a JL Sahara 2019 with factory fitted LED pack. It looks like it has the halo factory fitted but not enabled from looking at the front of the headlamps, they have the tell tale ring. But on checking the LED headlamps, they do not have the halo part fitted inside and pin 5 is missing with only the 3 wires going to each headlamp instead of 4 required for halo's.
I also found out that if you do get halo headlights for European JL's you cannot use the Tazer JL to enable them as the driver outputs from the body module are actually used to drive the side repeater/indicators on the side mirrors (which US jeeps do not have), which is mentioned on the zautomotive.com website at the bottom of the Tazer JL description. So you would need to power them from the cigarette fuse as UKJeep2018 said earlier.

Hope that helps someone 🙂
Why not wire the halos to the fender leds ?

RockinCoder

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara 2019
Sorry Sarathzzz, just saw your question, I think the fender LEDs are powered from the body module on their own circuit. These outputs were probably not designed to power more than the fender LEDs(usually MOSFETs are used to switch them rather than relays inside the body module). Adding the halo LEDs could overload the circuit and damage your body module. I personally would drive them as UKJeep2018 mentioned, via the cigarette fuse output.
Sponsored