Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2 door

Oto JLR

First Name
Oto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yea got these, not great, color doesn’t match Factory DRL’s (too blue) and LED drivers interfere with DAB radio :(
Hi Howi, I was about to order them, but I am not sure now ;o( ... so you have bought white LED rings and colour is too blue (cold)? Do you have a picture of it? Thanks

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
Hi Howi, I was about to order them, but I am not sure now ;o( ... so you have bought white LED rings and colour is too blue (cold)? Do you have a picture of it? Thanks
doesn’t photograph that well , more blue in the flesh;

Jeep Wrangler JL Halo DRL 31459CE8-5164-4CF5-A9CA-99AC4BB1FA92

Oto JLR

First Name
Oto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
doesn’t photograph that well , more blue in the flesh;

Jeep Wrangler JL Halo DRL 31459CE8-5164-4CF5-A9CA-99AC4BB1FA92
Hey it looks nice ;o) I agree DRL lights in fenders does not match those in headlights but still it looks cool ;o) BTW the front bumper is aftermarket or stock?

Sponsored

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager

Oto JLR

First Name
Oto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't know.. Looks pretty "try hard". Everyone has their own tastes of course, but I am not a fan of the non-factory look for mods unless it servers a purpose. Like lifts, winch pumper and so on. The stock halo lights look pretty cool, but these look more.. coffee can welded to the exhaust pipe to my eye.
Guys, have a look to following link to light disaasembly. It is US version so all parts are included...

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/led-headlight-disassembly.15517/page-2#post-1244472

If you find somewehre on internet any information about EU internal components I'd appreciate. I still hesitate to open my new headlights ;o(
I assume that no electronic boards with LED are inside. That's for sure. Big question is if there is LED light ring. I can imagine to design my own circuit PCB but this ring is something which should be bought somewhere in case it is not inside....

Jeep Wrangler JL Halo DRL 1599239074016

EU_Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JLUR 2.2 EcoDiesel
Very interesting thread guys! :clap:

A bit dissapointed to find out that the JL does not come with the functional halos. There must be a reason, certainly not legal, because the Jeep Renegade also comes with functional halo round leds and its perfectly legal in Europe.

Osinski

First Name
Jose Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Rubicon 3.6 Hella Yella
Dear All, recently I have discovered that the BCM have two pins (A5 & A7) for two different configurations. You can use them for:
- Halo lights if wired (only US cars)
- Mirror side turn lights if wired and installed (EU cars).

So if you use the original wiring, you cannot use both systems. You have to add some wires and to do derivations for Halo lights (from parking lights) and/or side turn lights (from fenders turn lights).

To change the BCM you have also 2 options:
- To go to the dealer to reflash your computer, and/or
- To buy a good OBD2, to buy the "Gateway by-pass" wire and to use the JScan App tool (with license) to be allowed to entry into the entire BCM configuration.

Cheers.

Osinski

First Name
Jose Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Rubicon 3.6 Hella Yella
Very interesting thread guys! :clap:

A bit dissapointed to find out that the JL does not come with the functional halos. There must be a reason, certainly not legal, because the Jeep Renegade also comes with functional halo round leds and its perfectly legal in Europe.
Costs saving...

Sponsored

OP
OP

chkoh

First Name
Chin Hao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I opened up the headlights to install the RGBW halos by diode dynamics! Check out the install video here:

JL.FR

First Name
Casa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU RUBICON 2.0 Turbo MOJITO
What is shown in this video is not true ... the front glass is not stuck as shown in this video, it is fake. it is impossible to peel off the front glass because it is not soft glue but permaseal very hard and it does not soften on heating. Oracle also has the same video. Just cutting is possible, But they won't say it ...

Oto JLR

First Name
Oto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What is shown in this video is not true ... the front glass is not stuck as shown in this video, it is fake. it is impossible to peel off the front glass because it is not soft glue but permaseal very hard and it does not soften on heating. Oracle also has the same video. Just cutting is possible, But they won't say it ...
Hello JL.FR, did you try to open it yourself?

JL.FR

First Name
Casa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yes I heated a lot more without taking off entirely, some places I cut with dremel because the black bole melted a little. I am fortunate to have one more headlight with broken fasteners than a garage gave me to test. The work is very bad and the result is pitiful. I may find the pictures.

JL.FR

First Name
Casa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I confirm that in this headlight (in France) there is no LED for the halo. Other countries I do not know
Sponsored