Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
43 degrees but couldn't wait
20210409_085954.jpg
20210409_090121.jpg
20210409_090013.jpg
looks great!! Enjoy 43 isn't all that bad crank up the feet heat and roll out.
Sponsored

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
After scouring the bowels of the interweb....I found the entire parts breakdown for the half doors.
These are every part needed to build them, plus some parts on the exterior door you won't need since they are already on your jeep.

Attachments

JDM23

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Dodge Ram
So I personally did not order half doors for my new Jeep but is it just me or do they all not match the rest of the paint on the actual Jeep??!! Every one I’ve seen posted looks like they do not match? Am I wrong?? But for what they cost they should be perfect!

Aonar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubi and Snazzy 2021 JLURD
So I personally did not order half doors for my new Jeep but is it just me or do they all not match the rest of the paint on the actual Jeep??!! Every one I’ve seen posted looks like they do not match? Am I wrong?? But for what they cost they should be perfect!
As far as mine...dirty vs clean. Have not washed her yet after halves put on. I however can tell no difference as I mentioned before.

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Mine are the only ones I've seen that don't match. I suspect it's because mine were early production models. Note how they came wrapped in really nice white felt. Did anybody else have this extra padding?

Jeep Wrangler JL Half Doors - Who is gonna be 1st!? IMG_3210.JPG

Sponsored

Spaffy

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL 2Dr Willys, '16 Ram 2500, '69 Dodge Polara
Mine are the only ones I've seen that don't match. I suspect it's because mine were early production models. Note how they came wrapped in really nice white felt. Did anybody else have this extra padding?

That's how my doors came packaged as well. They do a very good job of packaging them for shipment I thought. My full doors are now sitting in those boxes until I figure out where Im gonna keep them....

I also don't notice any difference in the paint. I imagine they are not sprayed at the same time on the line with the Jeep and certain colors may be more prone to noticing differences.....

For me though: the doors are green, the Jeep is green.... all good! :like:

fabes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wranglers
Color match is perfect

JeepJazz

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 GC Summit
Jeep’s Granite Crystal Metallic is fairly well known for having color mismatches even panel-to-panel on a given body. The half doors are no exception. Depending on the direction of the light source and the look angle, sometimes the half doors will match one neighboring panel, but have a color mismatch with a different panel. I noticed a similar situation even with the full doors. I’m sure I could have the doors repainted, but it likely will just shift the mismatches. Hey, it’s a Wrangler, and will likely spend most of its life covered in dust, dirt, and mud -- just as with all my previous ones!

BrierPatch

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU80, 15 WK2, 13 Silverado 1500. Had: 02 TJ
I'm just gonna leave these here. 😎

2 Door Willy's Sport, Manual, with tan seats.

43 degrees but couldn't wait
You guys have great looking jeeps in sarge. I like them with the tan seats. I'm curious, if you could have got a tan top, with tan uppers for half doors, would you? Or do you prefer the black?

Sponsored

Spaffy

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL 2Dr Willys, '16 Ram 2500, '69 Dodge Polara
You guys have great looking jeeps in sarge. I like them with the tan seats. I'm curious, if you could have got a tan top, with tan uppers for half doors, would you? Or do you prefer the black?
I like both the black and the tan. If it was an option I would have ordered tan.

I actually bought the four fabric pieces that constitute the premium tan soft top from Quadratec. I'm not in a rush to swap them out; but I will probably be swapping out to the tan soft top eventually.

I may also take the half door uppers to a custom top manufacturer to convert them to tan if I do.... though Im in Socal and plan on using the half door uppers and soft top sides very little.

BrierPatch

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU80, 15 WK2, 13 Silverado 1500. Had: 02 TJ
I like both the black and the tan. If it was an option I would have ordered tan.

I actually bought the four fabric pieces that constitute the premium tan soft top from Quadratec. I'm not in a rush to swap them out; but I will probably be swapping out to the tan soft top eventually.

I may also take the half door uppers to a custom top manufacturer to convert them to tan if I do.... though Im in Socal and plan on using the half door uppers and soft top sides very little.
Thanks, that's what I was wondering, because I thought they would look great in Tan as well. Glad to hear you will be using the half doors similar to ours. The top and uppers will be off 90% of the time, which is the main reason for us in getting the half doors. So glad to hear that I'm not the only one that has considered swapping out the top. It is a little frustrating to have to go to that much trouble to get the colors you want, knowing jeep makes them, but restricted to certain packages. I can only assume that eventually they will make the half door uppers in tan as well.

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Tan or spice top and uppers would look awesome! Remember the last JK special edition Golden Eagle could be ordered with a tan top and half doors.

davers

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willy's Diesel 4 door Sarge Green
Occupation
Software Engineer
Yep it's pretty awesome. Sadly I think it's only doable on the power top. Wish they would add that for the other hard tops
Oh ok.. whew.. I don't feel so bad for not ordering the half doors then.. :)