JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Also a manual.
It will be delayed at least until some time in March before it ships because of the latest clutch recall.

Later,
Johnny
Sponsored

OP
OP
jhackathorne

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Checked in again with JC and no change. Dealership is escalating it see if they can get anything fast tracked. He did confirm it was waiting dual doors however. Been a month now today since rest of the build was completed.

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Got a call late yesterday from the regional sales manager. She claimed mine had passed inspection and would be shipped direct to the dealer. She was going to follow up with logistics today. Also told me there had been 612 orders for dual doors so far and that Sting-Grey is her favorite color and to send her a pic.

I asked about the clutch recall and she said the parts had already been installed. So either the fix is already available or (more likely) she is not aware of the latest recall.

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Checked in again with JC and no change. Dealership is escalating it see if they can get anything fast tracked. He did confirm it was waiting dual doors however. Been a month now today since rest of the build was completed.
The wait is painful!! lol I had the same issues with mine I added those damn heavy duty rock sliders and those alone caused a month delay after my JL was build and done...hang tight it should be on a truck/train soon! Post them pics once she arrives!!

Sponsored

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
if curious. here is the supplemental 1/2 door manual. it does have drawn pictures. i downloaded it from mopar.com
Would have been nice if they included part #'s for the doors and said hey you can place an order now for us folks who currently have JL's.

OP
OP
jhackathorne

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Would have been nice if they included part #'s for the doors and said hey you can place an order now for us folks who currently have JL's.
I get it... but they can’t fulfill the orders they have currently. No sense in adding to the backlog and making more people angry with waiting.

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
I wonder if there will be a flood of half door arrivals once the 1st one shows up? We can hope.
Two days ago our regional manager told me there have been 612 Jeeps ordered with half doors over the past 4 months. I expect most of those were customer orders. Regardless, if we assume a total of 200,000 annual sales and 1,800 of those have half doors that's less than 1 out of every hundred. Hardly a flood...

dski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubi 4dr
Occupation
small business owner
Two days ago our regional manager told me there have been 612 Jeeps ordered with half doors over the past 4 months. I expect most of those were customer orders. Regardless, if we assume a total of 200,000 annual sales and 1,800 of those have half doors that's less than 1 out of every hundred. Hardly a flood...

Does anyone know if the 1/2 doors are made by a different supplier? This could explain why some colors are not available on 1/2 doors.

Sponsored

Aonar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubi and Snazzy 2021 JLURD
Well, I was referencing the possibility that MANY of us on this thread might rcv word that our JP's were ready at approximately the same time...versus the number of half doors compared to full doors being produced, but I guess I was a tad bit too subtle with my musing.

OP
OP
jhackathorne

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Anyone hear any updates? I checked in with salesman yesterday and still the same for me. Over a month now waiting additional equipment. Boo.

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
Didn't order half-doors. Nevertheless I continue to click through this forum hoping to discover that first magical post with an owner and their delivered half-door Jeep.
Sponsored