hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I know some people will call me crazy but I absolutely always thought of Jeep’s having half doors guess from me being a kid or Dukes of Hazard. I got the set with premium uppers for $3850 (which is a little less then the factory option price) shipped. I just dropped everything off at the body shop and my wheel rings off at the powder Coaters. I’ll start the other installs this weekend. I’m pretty excited
Great price :like:
Sponsored

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
SARGE finally came back from the paint shop and of course it’s going to rain for the next 4 days. Still love the new Mopar Half Doors on our 2020 JLU

Jeep Wrangler JL Half Doors - Who is gonna be 1st!? BAAF4A66-19BC-447F-9781-45108023855C
When it stops raining can we see pictures of sides off all around including rear quarter panels? Awesome Jeep.

Sponsored

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Picked her up today! Immediately put the half doors on. ❤❤❤❤❤

20210413_234212.jpg
Oh my gosh Lisa... you’re my hero... how did I miss this before... I ordered the exact same thing, which is so rare to see these days. A white Rubicon with half doors, a soft top, plastic fenders, and plastic bumpers. I think it is the first picture anywhere online of such a Jeep. These days it’s all gray Jeeps with hard tops everywhere. Anyways thank you for posting.

It’s so hard to wait. Mine should arrive soon.

I’ve been driving a 2008 Rubicon with half doors and soft top for 13 years. Sold it a few weeks ago. It’s been hard without it. Ha ha.

Any plans to lift yours?

My old baby:
Jeep Wrangler JL Half Doors - Who is gonna be 1st!? 19533075-85F6-4264-871B-C69FF6386395

Edit: should we call them penguins or pandas?

Last edited:

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
The passenger seat is moved most, if not all the way forward. Both seats have essentially vertical incline. It's drivable for sure, but definitely not comfortable (I'm 6'2").
So I’m 6’2” as well and will have an 8 hour drive to get it home from the dealership. Any suggestions?

Are all uppers in their own boxes? Maybe I can get rid of those boxes and save space so I can move the driver seat all the way back at least.

If you order a lower body side graphic by Mopar or an upper body side graphic by Mopar, do the half doors also get the graphic as well? Anybody order one of the body side graphics as well as half doors?
I was wondering about that myself. Would all doors get the graphics?

OP
OP
jhackathorne

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
So I’m 6’2” as well and will have an 8 hour drive to get it home from the dealership. Any suggestions?

Are all uppers in their own boxes? Maybe I can get rid of those boxes and save space so I can move the driver seat all the way back at least.

Front doors had door/uppers in one box which are the bigger ones. Rears and rear uppers were separate. Unless you took doors out of a box you aren't going add much room. I am 6 ft and if I recall it was a tight fit for me even with my hour drive. May want to bring blankets and remove rear doors and wrap them really well and make a little room that way.

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
One more post, sorry...

@Bestop

Wouldn’t it be awesome for those of us with a soft top and half doors (or no doors), if bestop Made a replacement door frame where the vertical piece (circled) is easily removable:
Jeep Wrangler JL Half Doors - Who is gonna be 1st!? D5FCCF2F-9B98-4864-8CED-887B1C7A9D03

So it is more open like on Jeeps with the one touch top and removable quarter panels, pictured below:
Jeep Wrangler JL Half Doors - Who is gonna be 1st!? C5E8653B-3CB6-4B97-9721-9DB781ED021C

Note: Neither Jeeps are mine. Mine coming soon.

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link

I don't think your brain has come to grips with just how much space these doors take up. You could ditch the boxes and wrap in blankets, but you better be good at Tetris. In the end, is it worth the risk of damaging a door?

My suggestion is to either man up and drive it home as it or rent a small trailer if you got the tow package.

I doubt all doors get the graphics. Mine don't even have the tire inflation sticker 🙄

Sponsored

TaZ_65

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

There is a TON of packaging (to protect your doors, of course). Another poster suggested a trailer - I bet you could get a uhaul pretty cheap if you have a hitch.; if yes, that would be my plan. If not, it's entirely possible to just get it home. You might take slightly more frequent breaks. I have a 6MT and it was fine to operate the clutch in city and dense traffic conditions, just not ideal.

TaZ_65

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
One more post, sorry...

@Bestop

Wouldn’t it be awesome for those of us with a soft top and half doors (or no doors), if bestop Made a replacement door frame where the vertical piece (circled) is easily removable:
Jeep Wrangler JL Half Doors - Who is gonna be 1st!? C5E8653B-3CB6-4B97-9721-9DB781ED021C

So it is more open like on Jeeps with the one touch top and removable quarter panels, pictured below:

Note: Neither Jeeps are mine. Mine coming soon.
I got annoyed at this as well when waiting for my Jeep. I got over it as soon as I got in the driver's seat. Haven't thought twice about it since.

Besides the looks, it's an integral part to the rigidity of the soft top functionality. I'd imagine that you would lose some of the easy window removal functionality if it were redesigned to have rear support pillars. I personally think that a soft top designed similarly to the one touch would look even worse.

Shelby73

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
I can’t even imagine how all those boxes fit in the Jeep when I went to take our doors over to the paint shop I had to make several trips.

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I don't think your brain has come to grips with just how much space these doors take up. You could ditch the boxes and wrap in blankets, but you better be good at Tetris. In the end, is it worth the risk of damaging a door?

My suggestion is to either man up and drive it home as it or rent a small trailer if you got the tow package.

I doubt all doors get the graphics. Mine don't even have the tire inflation sticker 🙄
There is a TON of packaging (to protect your doors, of course). Another poster suggested a trailer - I bet you could get a uhaul pretty cheap if you have a hitch.; if yes, that would be my plan. If not, it's entirely possible to just get it home. You might take slightly more frequent breaks. I have a 6MT and it was fine to operate the clutch in city and dense traffic conditions, just not ideal.
I can’t even imagine how all those boxes fit in the Jeep when I went to take our doors over to the paint shop I had to make several trips.
Wow... I guess it’s a bigger deal than I thought... glad you guys are here to give me a heads up. Even if I’m cramped for the long drive it’s fine. I’ll deal with it. I thought to just get rid of boxes of uppers, but I guess that wouldn’t save that much space.

It will have a tow hitch and be a manual with soft top.

Funny thing is, right across the street is a Tractor Supply store and I am in the market for a trailer, but no. Too complicated.

TaZ_65

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Wow... I guess it’s a bigger deal than I thought... glad you guys are here to give me a heads up. Even if I’m cramped for the long drive it’s fine. I’ll deal with it. I thought to just get rid of boxes of uppers, but I guess that wouldn’t save that much space.

It will have a tow hitch and be a manual with soft top.

Funny thing is, right across the street is a Tractor Supply store and I am in the market for a trailer, but no. Too complicated.
Good on you for thinking ahead. You're going to love the half doors.
Sponsored