Half Doors - Who is gonna be 1st!?

SecretChimp

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
So the only half doors we've seen now in the wild are both sting grey and rubicons, a 2 door and a 4 door?
I have a sarge green JLUR with half doors that has finally shipped. Due to land between 3/29 and 4/12. Will post pics if I’m the first SG.
Sponsored

Aonar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubi and Snazzy 2021 JLURD
Well she made it home. I am going to start a mod/build/personal thread in the proper forum to document things. Tried to post a couple videos here but kept getting error messages. Is there a good way to post vids on here? I started my mods on the interior and here is a pic of the 1st exterior change. Stubbied the bumper. NOW about the doors...still at the dealership. I will bring them home tomorrow. They removed the boxes to clean the interior. More to come.

jpFullBmpr.jpg

jpShortBmpr.jpg

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Well she made it home. I am going to start a mod/build/personal thread in the proper forum to document things. Tried to post a couple videos here but kept getting error messages. Is there good way to post vids on here? I started my mods on the interior and here is a pic of the 1st exterior change. Stubbied the bumper. NOW about the doors...still at the dealership. I will bring them home tomorrow. They removed the boxes to clean the interior. More to come.
In that case you should ask them to install the doors and adjust them so they seal correctly. This is a non-trivial job that the factory should have done for us...

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Got it! Couple pics. It was dark when I got home so not great light. I can confirm they are PACKED in and zero spare room for anything else!

Jeep Wrangler JL Half Doors - Who is gonna be 1st!? jpShortBmpr

Did they fit behind the second row of seats or were the seats folded down? Still wondering why not offered with the hybrid, thought the bump maybe why.

Sponsored

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
Did they fit behind the second row of seats or were the seats folded down? Still wondering why not offered with the hybrid, thought the bump maybe why.
They are offered on the hybrid now with the latest order guide. Actually makes me think about canceling the order on the one I already have built and reordering to get them. Nacho has been discontinued though.

OP
OP
jhackathorne

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Rear seats were laid down and everything fit in very snuggly. There was minimal room at best. Absolutely no way they could fit the full doors inside the vehicle and half doors installed.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
They are offered on the hybrid now with the latest order guide. Actually makes me think about canceling the order on the one I already have built and reordering to get them. Nacho has been discontinued though.
Awesome - thanks!

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Rear seats were laid down and everything fit in very snuggly. There was minimal room at best. Absolutely no way they could fit the full doors inside the vehicle and half doors installed.
Interesting - if that snug how they would fit in the hybrid with the battery bump under second row seats

Aonar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubi and Snazzy 2021 JLURD
I think Sunday will be the half door swap if all goes well. Got the prep work done tonight so I can go safari. Removed the carpet and did a 2/3 seat delete for camping. Will be putting in rubber bar type mats over the bare metal floors....EDIT: Still need to put on the seat covers!

Jeep Wrangler JL Half Doors - Who is gonna be 1st!? safprep1

Jeep Wrangler JL Half Doors - Who is gonna be 1st!? safprep2

Jeep Wrangler JL Half Doors - Who is gonna be 1st!? safprep3

Jeep Wrangler JL Half Doors - Who is gonna be 1st!? safprep4

Jeep Wrangler JL Half Doors - Who is gonna be 1st!? safprep5

Sponsored

SecretChimp

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I think Sunday will be the half door swap if all goes well. Got the prep work done tonight so I can go safari. Removed the carpet and did a 2/3 seat delete for camping. Will be putting in rubber bar type mats over the bare metal floors....EDIT: Still need to put on the seat covers!
wastin' no time! 👍

TJdesersand

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Windstar
Maybe. See video, for all new owners.
As per the Mopar/Jeep half door video, some adjustment may be necessary. Very informative video, produced recently, available to watch here, and YouTube. Shows how to accomplish very nice fit. Some will probably come, right on!, but some may need adjustment. I'm sorry, I did not mean to be mystic. Really what I meant about liking the unpainted bolts, is that a good fit with torx bit, should be apparent.
Sponsored