First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi A3; 2022 Jeep Compass High Altitude
Occupation
Medical Device Operations/Distribution; USMC Reserve Officer
I have a 2021 Sahara Altitude on order. I chose to go with the Sky One Touch. Not a fan of the naked look with the SOT, but I love the look of it with the rear panels IN and doors off, or half doors on. So my question is, what are some of your guys’ half door favorites/recommendations?

If anybody has pics of that combo (SOT, rear panels in, half doors) please share!
Sponsored

Pipewench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU & 1947 Willys CJ2A, now eagerly awaiting my 2020 JL
Occupation
Plumber
If anybody has pics of that combo (SOT, rear panels in, half doors) please share!
There really aren't any "actual" half doors for Wrangler JL. Jeep keeps teasing us with concept imagery, but they're not making anything.

The closest you'll get is from JCR Offroad; they make a very attractive half door that is really just a shell - no inner door panel, etc.

https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/JLHD-F.html

They have stated that they'll redesign them now that bestop uppers are available.

Next best options for something akin to a half door are bestop's soft doors (lowers & uppers, or just lowers, whatever pleases you).

https://www.bestop.com/jeep/2020/wrangler-jl/2-piece-fabric-doors/position/front/

And the next closest thing to a half door are these very expensive, but very attractive, doors from Addictive Desert Designs:

https://www.addictivedesertdesigns.com/jeep-wrangler-gladiator-front-doors-D961652NA0103

Good luck, hope you find what you're after.

OP
OP
zshannon20

zshannon20

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi A3; 2022 Jeep Compass High Altitude
Occupation
Medical Device Operations/Distribution; USMC Reserve Officer
There really aren't any "actual" half doors for Wrangler JL. Jeep keeps teasing us with concept imagery, but they're not making anything.

The closest you'll get is from JCR Offroad; they make a very attractive half door that is really just a shell - no inner door panel, etc.

https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/JLHD-F.html

They have stated that they'll redesign them now that bestop uppers are available.

Next best options for something akin to a half door are bestop's soft doors (lowers & uppers, or just lowers, whatever pleases you).

https://www.bestop.com/jeep/2020/wrangler-jl/2-piece-fabric-doors/position/front/

And the next closest thing to a half door are these very expensive, but very attractive, doors from Addictive Desert Designs:

https://www.addictivedesertdesigns.com/jeep-wrangler-gladiator-front-doors-D961652NA0103

Good luck, hope you find what you're after.
Thanks for the reply and recommendations!

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Didn't jcr also say they had no plans to redesign?

Pipewench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU & 1947 Willys CJ2A, now eagerly awaiting my 2020 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Didn't jcr also say they had no plans to redesign?
What I read was that they *do* plan to redesign to work with the bestop uppers, but they do *not* plan to make it into a more robust half door.

Sponsored

BamaJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Grey
Interested in this look as well. I also have the SOT and don’t like it naked. Like you said:
- doors off and rear panel in = good.
- rear panel off plus half doors = also good
- total naked = Bad (looks like a cart you’d board at Disneyland to go thru a Jurassic Park ride)

I have heard (but not yet found) that there is a poster on this forum that did the half doors in rear and tube doors in front and that it looked badass. If anybody happens to know where this post lies would you mind linking below? (I’ve searched to no avail)

BamaJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Grey
As Seinfeld once said. “There is good naked and there is bad naked”

Jeep Wrangler JL Half Doors Recommendation 80FCF59C-F321-4928-91E3-3D73A226E3DE

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Yea I totally missed the whole sky one touch thing. I agree it looks weird doors off, but then again, I don’t consider it full naked because the top is still on...

Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I have two sets of half doors, the EAS tactical and the Bestop two Piece Black Twill. Frankly I prefer the EAS doors (probably my favorite mod). probably selling my Bestop Doors. Personally I do not like the look of the solid doors.

These are the EAS doors

Jeep Wrangler JL Half Doors Recommendation Alta 1

Jeep Wrangler JL Half Doors Recommendation hd 3

These are the Bestop Doors
Jeep Wrangler JL Half Doors Recommendation Jeep doors 3

Jeep Wrangler JL Half Doors Recommendation soft doors

Jeep Wrangler JL Half Doors Recommendation Jeep doors 2

JLU138

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon , 2014 JKU Rubicon
I have two sets of half doors, the EAS tactical and the Bestop two Piece Black Twill. Frankly I prefer the EAS doors (probably my favorite mod). probably selling my Bestop Doors. Personally I do not like the look of the solid doors.

These are the EAS doors

These are the Bestop Doors

Thanks for the pictures of the best top doors. I’ve been looking for some soft upper windows to be able to takeoff on the trail but provides some amount of wind protection on the way TO the trail. When I have backseat passengers I feel bad for them because with the doors on they are so boxed in back there. On some trails we can just take the doors off At the beginning and come back to them afterwards. But on multi hour trips to the trail, or through and through trails that’s not an option.

I don’t expect them to be airtight but are they fairly sturdy for highway driving? Also are the upper window panels pretty light?

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Thanks for the pictures of the best top doors. I’ve been looking for some soft upper windows to be able to takeoff on the trail but provides some amount of wind protection on the way TO the trail. When I have backseat passengers I feel bad for them because with the doors on they are so boxed in back there. On some trails we can just take the doors off At the beginning and come back to them afterwards. But on multi hour trips to the trail, or through and through trails that’s not an option.

I don’t expect them to be airtight but are they fairly sturdy for highway driving? Also are the upper window panels pretty light?
Uppers are sturdy however there is a fair amount of adjustment to get them sealed and tight. Adding these to say other solid half doors would be a real challenge as there has to be pressure on them when closed to make the seal, whereas the soft doors allow for adjustments.

JLU138

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon , 2014 JKU Rubicon
Uppers are sturdy however there is a fair amount of adjustment to get them sealed and tight. Adding these to say other solid half doors would be a real challenge as there has to be pressure on them when closed to make the seal, whereas the soft doors allow for adjustments.
Good to know, While not ideal, they seem like the best available option if I want to open the Jeep up on a point to point trail and have weather protection on the way there and back.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Good to know, While not ideal, they seem like the best available option if I want to open the Jeep up on a point to point trail and have weather protection on the way there and back.

That is assuming you can get them to fit properly. Once of the key elements is the lower Velcro flap you would have to have Velcro on the outside your 1/2 door this is a heavy duty Velcro whereas a stick on Velcro would not work as there would bee too much tension and movement, Then the door would also have to have the same shape. The soft upper as it is contoured to the Bestop lower.

I bought mine for 99% highway use (used them twice) however while they are somewhat weather tight they are loud in fact as loud or louder than no doors at all. Mine are for sale like new $750 full set of 4 doors.
Sponsored