Sponsored

Half doors or no half doors?

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
I have a 2021 on order, I choose the half door option, but the more I think about it, the more I wonder if its not for me.

I live in MN, and I plan on driving the jeep to all of my trips. Colorado, Las Vegas, Moab, are the first 3 on the list.

I'm thinking the cons - Driving down the highway with plastic windows, and having no windows in say MOAB, will there be alot of dust ?

thoughts ?
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Half doors or not, even with just your windows open it's going to be dusty, but it's not that bad to clean up with a decent microfiber if you keep up with it regularly.

At this point, it's kind of now or never, if you don't get the half doors, you'll have to spend a ton of time hunting down a used set, or spend even more money to piece together new ones. If you hate them and decide to sell them, I think you'd be able to recover most, if not all of the cost.

The half doors are really a compromise between doors off and the full stock doors. Simply removing the windows gets you a step closer to doorless without having to actually remove and store the doors. As you mention, there are some sacrifices to run them.

Just to make sure you know, the dual door group comes with both full and half doors. So you can run the full doors on trips if you'd like.

The value for the cost is up to you, but if you plan to run top down as much as possible, I'd say the open enjoyment is a great benefit.

OP
OP

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Thanks ..

Doing a little google search, it looks like once you get a VIN, the order is set in stone ..

so I guess I'm getting half doors ..

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Thanks ..

Doing a little google search, it looks like once you get a VIN, the order is set in stone ..

Pretty much, if you really don't like them, I'm sure someone on here would be interested in buying them from you.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
You should have zero trouble selling them.

If they are white, I could be tempted to buy the front ones.

Sponsored

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
Have any of you used the Bestop Fabric doors? I'm very interested in getting them for the summer.

fromGtoJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37s Sedan 6MT 2021 JLRU 6MT Hydro Blue (ordered)
Thanks ..

What color?

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
You should have zero trouble selling them.

If they are white, I could be tempted to buy the front ones.

This post is spot on. Selling should be of very little effort. The complete set that is. Selling the front and then trying to sell just the rear????

Sam

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I actually really like the way a JLU looks with the front doors off and rear half doors on. Better for the kids too.

OP
OP

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
This post is spot on. Selling should be of very little effort. The complete set that is. Selling the front and then trying to sell just the rear????

Sam

I would sell as a set only .. I actually hate the "doors off" look, which is why I opted for the Half's . .

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Any idea of what a set of new take-off half-doors would sell for? The front doors only. So for a 2-door.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Get them. I wish I had a softop and half doors. The real "freedom" feel you get with a Jeep comes with top off and doors off. Full doors dont really do it.

When you get sick of all that wind you can just close up the half door uppers and put the top back on. It is perfect.

TriumphJeepster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hopefully
On my old JK I had the half doors. I ended up not using them as much as I thought I would, with no uppers I only used them with nice weather. On my TJ I just tanked the doors off. Torn on the JL if I should go with them too. On the 2 door they look awesome.
Sponsored