Sponsored

Half Doors - Key FOB and Proximity Locks compability?

dhaarma01

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I bought a set of OEM half doors from another individual and know that they will need to be rekeyed. But does anyone know if there is anything to do for the proximity lock and FOB to work with the half doors?
Sponsored

NJJeep Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Yella JLU
Read the thread about adding proximity locks. I suspect the answer will be the same as adding doors containing proximity handles.

And rekeying is an easy process once you buy the new lock cores

W4V3

First Name
Freedom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Good to know; I had the same question.

OTOH, when you put half doors on, does the lock really matter? What secures the upper half?

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Good to know; I had the same question.

OTOH, when you put half doors on, does the lock really matter? What secures the upper half?
Leaving windows in maybe will help. I leave mine out from May-ish till October or so. Only time they go back in is if wife is driving with me and we are at highway speeds for a sustained period. Alarm would still go off if someone opened a door. So that is a minor deterent.

OP
OP
dhaarma01

dhaarma01

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Appreciate the feedback.

Id agree, not sure it is a major issue. If someone wants in, the half windows won’t do much to stop them. Just would like it to all function properly.

Sponsored

NJJeep Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Yella JLU
Agreed. That's why I went with new lock cores too. As for using the locks I don't know. I very rarely lock my Jeep anyways since a soft top offers no deterrent for a thief.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
I bought a set of OEM half doors from another individual and know that they will need to be rekeyed. But does anyone know if there is anything to do for the proximity lock and FOB to work with the half doors?
If your Jeep has Proximity locks they will work the same with the half doors, no need to do anything.
Gregj
Sponsored