Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Half doors have only been shown on pre-production models and concept vehicles.
Sponsored

Halfdoor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 wrangler
Half doors are fantastic! But all three of mine had significant water leaks. FCA has spent a lot trying to fix mine and many others with only limited success. That likely factors into why they are not offering them. Jeep is very afraid of its leak stigma which is much improved in the JL model.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
That doesn't sound that crazy to me. Tops cost a lot more than that, and so do most car body parts.
Nice. As I recall, many were expecting them to be much less and of course, complained. For those who were able to order them, it took months. I’d like factory half doors with uppers if they included all parts and were reasonably priced.

OP
OP
cosmokenney

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
This is why the new Bronco is probably a benefit to us consumers. They’re manufacturing doors that can be stowed in the back. FCA has to keep up.
I love the Bronco's modular hard top. But that's about it.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Nice. As I recall, many were expecting them to be much less and of course, complained. For those who were able to order them, it took months. I’d like factory half doors with uppers if they included all parts and were reasonably priced.
That's what I wonder. Were they $2000 with all the parts, or just the outer door skin? I do remember them selling them that way lol. Like, the only way to get complete doors was to order a new JK from the factory with half doors.

I do remember that being an option. And I do remember a yellow jeep on my morning commute having them! Every time it was raining they'd have the plastic upper halfs on lol. AND THEY NEVER WAVED BACK. Grr. >>

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I like that 7 speed manual trans Cosmo but it’s no where near enough for me to sell my beloved Jeep
A 7-speed manual looks good on paper. I drove a 7-speed manual transmission Porsche once. It was hard to remember on what gear you were at any given time without looking, and/or if you ought to be shifting.

There’s something natural and intuitive about a 5 or 6-speed manual transmission. Going over that you are adding complication for little added benefit.

Nomad

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
A 7-speed manual looks good on paper. I drove a 7-speed manual transmission Porsche once. It was hard to remember on what gear you were at any given time without looking, and/or if you ought to be shifting.

There’s something natural and intuitive about a 5 or 6-speed manual transmission. Going over that you are adding complication for little added benefit.
I agree, if you have a broad enough torque band. 5 forward speeds is enough.

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd

The 7th gear on the bronco is for crawling.. It's like, super granny. I don't know what the shift pattern looks like, but I'd assume it's tucked up next to first, maybe with a lockout?

Sponsored

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
OEM half doors with uppers of some kind are the only Mopar "accessory" I'd start saving my pennies for. Come on FCA, take my damn money. Will likely end up with the core doors if Bestop ever wakes up from behind the wheel.

COBoarder

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Ocean Blue
I couldn't wait any longer for the Mopar doors. I bought the JCR doors and had them painted. Makes me smile every time I look at her. Working on modifying the Bestop Soft Uppers to fit right now...stay tuned.

Jeep Wrangler JL Half doors false advertising -- IMO Jeep w half doors 2

OP
OP
cosmokenney

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
I couldn't wait any longer for the Mopar doors. I bought the JCR doors and had them painted. Makes me smile every time I look at her. Working on modifying the Bestop Soft Uppers to fit right now...stay tuned.

Jeep Wrangler JL Half doors false advertising -- IMO Jeep w half doors 2
I would have bought the jcr doors already if I knew I could get some kind of soft uppers to fit, and mirrors. I wish jcr would come up with a turnkey solution.
I wouldn't use the uppers often since I live in northern California and we don't get rain during the summer. But there are times in the evening up in the Tahoe area were me and Mr. Dog get cold on the drive home from our adventures, and having uppers available to pop in would be great.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I agree, it's misleading but not false advertising. False advertising would be if they said you could get them, even though you can't. Misleading is showing them and then letting you assume you can get them.
Kinda like that email about the V8. Big bold letters saying "you asked we listened", but then in the smaller font they drop "concept" in the description where it can easily be overlooked. Let the consumer assume it's actually being made, or will be an option. They never actually said you could buy it.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Yeah no grounds for false advertising unfortunately.

but we could totally get a class action suit going for “intenional infliction of emotional distress”!! I dont know about you guys but i havent been able to sleep and now my d*ck doesnt work!!:(

i know we have some attorneys on this forum. Theres got to be at least one that specializes in frivolous tort suits. lets do this!
Sponsored