Half doors false advertising -- IMO

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
I just got an email from "Jeep Brand" and it shows the new 392 wrangler as an officially released vehicle. But here's the thing. The picture from the email shows half doors (see the images below). And many of the past marketing images I've seen (of regular wranglers) show wranglers with half doors.
If you want my opinion on this, it is false advertising. In fact those very same images were a major factor in my buying a new wrangler to replace my previous vehicle. I had half doors on my old YJ and after seeing JKs with the funky full doors I was kind of turned off by the wrangler for the longest time. But when I saw those JL half doors in all the marketing images I just assumed I could get them.
Does anyone else feel the same way?
Jeep Wrangler JL Half doors false advertising -- IMO unnamed
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
FCA has been showing half doors for three years now, they only exist on publicity shots.

FCA is the king of false advertising IMO. Starting with all the Mopar mods it loves to show off at Easter Safari...and your Jeep dealer will give you endless grief for...the moment you need warranty work done.

How can you tell when FCA is lying?

Its lips are moving...

Last edited:

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I had never considered this. I didn’t put 2+2 together. Now that you have for me, I agree. While it’s probably not “false advertising”, I will agree that it’s shabby form and speaks volumes about how much FCA actually values their customers.

Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Just give me the concept JL, and I would be happy.

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Yeah factory half doors would be cool but so much more expensive. I’d also cry if I smashed one in. Now my JCR’s were not cheap either but I wouldn’t care as much about damage.

Check out how close I was to putting a nice dent in one or the door hinge. Shaved the nut! Happened somewhere on Cadillac hill

Jeep Wrangler JL Half doors false advertising -- IMO 94CA3F54-26DF-4013-A560-97CF92A11990

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Yeah factory half doors would be cool but so much more expensive.
It’s true. Back when the JK was in production, JK owners screamed on the forums for Mopar certified accessory half doors. When Jeep finally released them, they were $2,000 per pair, shipping unpainted.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
FCA has been showing half doors for three years now, they only exist on publicity shots.

FCA is the king of false advertising IMO. Starting with all the Mopar mods it loves to show off at Easter Safari...and your Jeep dealer will give you endless grief for...the moment you need warranty work done.
This is actually an interesting point. I don't know that I'd call it "false advertising" per se- surely misleading; But there is DEFINITELY a disconnect between what they're showing in TV ads and in places like EJS, where they go out and mingle with their enthusiasts and play with their insane creations from their secret labs, and the absolute nightmare you have to deal with sometimes with your dealers/ FCA Corporate... especially when trying to get something fixed.

Call me crazy, but I see an opportunity here. I bought a Wrangler, a RUBICON to go off roading. Offer me a higher level of service and coverage to do the stuff you show me in all the commercials. Stand behind your product like a handful of Aftermarket companies do. I'd even pay a little extra, probably.
Of course, in order to capitalize, they'd have to stop treating their "Enthusiast vehicle" customers like their "I'm cross shopping lease deals of Chrysler with Toyota, Ford, and Chevy minivan/ Crossover SUV" customers. Probably wouldn't fly well with the masses. But hey, F those people- since this is our forum and all. Hahaha

Long story short, this is why the auto industry is a complete burning hellscape dumpster full of toxic waste. Focused more on blowing sales out as fast as they possibly can with inflated sticker prices, financing, lease deals, etc vs. the actual product and supporting that product. But what do I know
/shrug

Can still buy a mountain. I found some for sale with ski areas in VT.
I fall down some weird rabbit holes surfing the internet at work sometimes.

Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
It’s true. Back when the JK was in production, JK owners screamed on the forums for Mopar certified accessory half doors. When Jeep finally released them, they were $2,000 per pair, shipping unpainted.
That doesn't sound that crazy to me. Tops cost a lot more than that, and so do most car body parts.

SABLE RHINO

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S 3.6L
Yeah factory half doors would be cool but so much more expensive. I’d also cry if I smashed one in. Now my JCR’s were not cheap either but I wouldn’t care as much about damage.

Check out how close I was to putting a nice dent in one or the door hinge. Shaved the nut! Happened somewhere on Cadillac hill

Jeep Wrangler JL Half doors false advertising -- IMO 94CA3F54-26DF-4013-A560-97CF92A11990
FavoriteBreakableGrub-max-1mb.gif

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
This is why the new Bronco is probably a benefit to us consumers. They’re manufacturing doors that can be stowed in the back. FCA has to keep up.
Sponsored