Half doors available from Jeep

Socks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon Hardrock
Proced out a new 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-door today 3.6 liter V6 and 6-speed manual. Looking at the new half doors available. Does anybody know if they are all ready painted to match from the factory. Speced out with hardtop painted to match along with matching fenders.
Sponsored

Aonar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubi and Snazzy 2021 JLURD
Proced out a new 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-door today 3.6 liter V6 and 6-speed manual. Looking at the new half doors available. Does anybody know if they are all ready painted to match from the factory. Speced out with hardtop painted to match along with matching fenders.
If you are asking are they bare metal/primer or are they painted YOUR color, they are painted.

OP
OP

Socks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you are asking are they bare metal/primer or are they painted YOUR color, they are painted.
Yep, that's what I was wondering. Thanks

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Just wanted to second that notion that, yes they are painted to match your body color, as long as you order them with your vehicle.

I still haven't heard whether or not they come painted if you ordered them separately from Jeep though. When I ordered my Jeep back in December, they wouldn't let you order both the dual top option & the dual door option together, which meant I would have to order one with the vehicle, and the other through the parts department. They were unable to find out if the half doors came painted or not if you ordered them separately (nor how long it would even take to get them), so I ordered them with the car, and I'll buy the soft top separately sometime this spring.

More info than you were asking, I know, but hope this helps. :)

OP
OP

Socks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just wanted to second that notion that, yes they are painted to match your body color, as long as you order them with your vehicle.

I still haven't heard whether or not they come painted if you ordered them separately from Jeep though. When I ordered my Jeep back in December, they wouldn't let you order both the dual top option & the dual door option together, which meant I would have to order one with the vehicle, and the other through the parts department. They were unable to find out if the half doors came painted or not if you ordered them separately (nor how long it would even take to get them), so I ordered them with the car, and I'll buy the soft top separately sometime this spring.

More info than you were asking, I know, but hope this helps. :)
Doors with the premium option are EXPENSIVE! I throwed everything but the kitchen sink, only because the kitchen sink wasn't available. On a 2-door. 61,070.00...going to decide by Wednesday of this coming week.

Sponsored

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Doors with the premium option are EXPENSIVE! I throwed everything but the kitchen sink, only because the kitchen sink wasn't available. On a 2-door. 61,070.00...going to decide by Wednesday of this coming week.
Ya, they are STEEP for sure!

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Expensive, yes. But don't kid yourself that you could save coin by piecing them together when/if the parts become available through the dealer. I really wanted half doors for my JK, but by the time you buy the doors, inner skin, locks, mirrors AND have them painted it was crazy expensive too.

I just did a craigslist search, there is a set for a yellow 2-door JK in Cincinnati ($3,000), a black 2-door in Connecticut with manual mirrors ($1,800, local pick up only). There are NO results on Ebay for factory half doors, even in completed listings.

So really, the only practical option is aftermarket or the dual door option if you are lucky enough to be ordering a new Jeep.

flharleycop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2018 Ford Raptor, past 79 CJ5, 86 CJ7, 11 JKU
Occupation
Retired
Any pictures of the half doors on a JL? What do they run from Mopar?

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Any pictures of the half doors on a JL? What do they run from Mopar?
They are now shown in the Build & Price configurator on Jeep's website, at least on the Rubicon, but I haven't configured any of the other Wrangler models. They are pricey, but they vary in price depending on the version you choose, (standard uppers/premium uppers) but the price for each version is listed on the configurator. For some reason, the dual door option is listed pretty far down the page, so you'll have to scroll back up to the top to see the images. But you can at least see them from front view, side view, and rear view, and with the roof on/off or doors on/off, etc. I also believe I read somewhere here that they are not available with all of the body colors, so it may force you to pick a color that they are offered in. Hope this helps!

flharleycop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2018 Ford Raptor, past 79 CJ5, 86 CJ7, 11 JKU
Occupation
Retired
Yes it does thanks!

They are now shown in the Build & Price configurator on Jeep's website, at least on the Rubicon, but I haven't configured any of the other Wrangler models. They are pricey, but they vary in price depending on the version you choose, (standard uppers/premium uppers) but the price for each version is listed on the configurator. For some reason, the dual door option is listed pretty far down the page, so you'll have to scroll back up to the top to see the images. But you can at least see them from front view, side view, and rear view, and with the roof on/off or doors on/off, etc. I also believe I read somewhere here that they are not available with all of the body colors, so it may force you to pick a color that they are offered in. Hope this helps!

Sponsored

rustybm

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q7

I just ordered my JLURD with dual door group — my dealer indicated that ordering doors after the fact through parts department may not be available until fall, and couldn’t comment on paint matching (though assumed it will be offered). Also confirmed that dual top group is not available with dual doors given that they cannot fit all components within the vehicle for shipping. I ordered dual doors with color matched hard top and ordered soft top through parts dept (...spent a month debating 6spd vs diesel ...heart vs head...but went with the eco diesel). The other minor issue with dual door group on factory order is they may apparently match your trim - leather/premium arm rests and/or red stitching if you chose red radicalized dash (I didn’t want red). Anyway, that was what my dealer indicated.

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK