Sponsored

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
FCA makes some strange ass decisions...............they make zero sense and 1/2 doors with a hard top..WTH that looks like shit.

The appearance is your opinion though, not everyone will share it. I have both tops and may run them occasionally with my hardtop.
Sponsored

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU Rubiclone
Alot of people dont want to loose the hardtop, for the 2 times a year it might be off...but we love having halfdoors Daily,

FYI,
Premium twill matches better with premium twill softop

Vinyl sailcloth matches better with painted black hardtop.

I will never give up the functionality / wiper / defrost and load carrying structure of the hardtop...... well, maybe for a TrektopPRO.

Trektop pro is the best of everything !!

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL / JLU Half Doors Official Press Release and Photos 20200711_124040

To each their own!

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL / JLU Half Doors Official Press Release and Photos 20200609_194106

The appearance is your opinion though, not everyone will share it. I have both tops and may run them occasionally with my hardtop.

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU Rubiclone
I know that people love half doors. Having never had them, I guess that I just don’t get it:

what is the difference between a “half door” and a “regular door with the window rolled down“???

I’m serious. I’m a newbie and I don’t “get it”.....
Halfdoor removes so much more, much lower sight-lines.... opens up the frame almost 5" more per door.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL / JLU Half Doors Official Press Release and Photos 20200902_132558

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
Personally wouldn’t waste my money on half doors from factory
Neither would I -- except for the fact that none of the after market half door vendors offer a removable upper. That alone would get me to buy the factory half doors. For me aluminum would be a bonus just so I don't tweak my back installing them.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Neither would I -- except for the fact that none of the after market half door vendors offer a removable upper. That alone would get me to buy the factory half doors. For me aluminum would be a bonus just so I don't tweak my back installing them.
There is at least one aftermarket half door that is available with separate upper/lower door components. Fabric, so even lighter than aluminum.

Sponsored

Fusilli Jerry

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (2.0T, 8spd)

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
There is at least one aftermarket half door that is available with separate upper/lower door components. Fabric, so even lighter than aluminum.
Yes, you caught me in a lie. Then again the topic of this thread is about factory half doors which I think of as metal. I am aware of the BestTop doors. But they don't come in metal, nor do they come in the same color as the body of your vehicle. They also don't have any kind of finish on the interior like an arm rest. And they charge extra for mirrors and if I recall correctly the mirrors require you to cut into the fabric in order to install them. Better get that right the fist time! And, they are really expensive. I know, the factory doors will be more expensive but they will be what I want and match the color of my vehicle -- which is important for me -- I like that look better than the soft door look.

Last edited:

TJdesersand

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Windstar
Considering that the JL is bigger than the TJ in almost every way, I really don't know why everyone else was thinking the half doors would be any smaller than what they are ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
If you already have a JL you could easily see that the half doors would follow this line
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL / JLU Half Doors Official Press Release and Photos 20200902_132558
Yeah, we know. There great!

TowDawg

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Unlimited, BMW 535M, Dodge Viper, Hummer H1, race cars, motorhome, general toys.
Why does it take them so damn long to add these updates to the configurator on the website?
I literally spec'd my new one yesterday to send to my rep, but I can only spec what's available on the "build and price" tool on the Jeep website. :(

TJdesersand

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Windstar
Why does it take them so damn long to add these updates to the configurator on the website?
I literally spec'd my new one yesterday to send to my rep, but I can only spec what's available on the "build and price" tool on the Jeep website. :(
Half Doors/Dual Door group, now up and running for all models. 2021 Wrangler, build and price. Let's see more photos, of uppers (2styles) and the interior and top plate please. I believe power mirrors, are on both sets of doors, and functional power locks too!! Not positive, but want to know!

Sponsored

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, you caught me in a lie. Then again the topic of this thread is about factory half doors which I think of as metal. I am aware of the BestTop doors. But they don't come in metal, nor do they come in the same color as the body of your vehicle. They also don't have any kind of finish on the interior like an arm rest. And they charge extra for mirrors and if I recall correctly the mirrors require you to cut into the fabric in order to install them. Better get that right the fist time! And, they are really expensive. I know, the factory doors will be more expensive but they will be what I want and match the color of my vehicle -- which is important for me -- I like that look better than the soft door look.
they’re also hot garbage. They’re not weather tight from what I’ve read, so what’s the point? If the weather is coming in anyway, I’d rather be doorless.

if they were cheaper, I’d go with eh, good enough approach, but they’re expensive and not worth the price IMO.

Spaffy

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL 2Dr Willys, '16 Ram 2500, '69 Dodge Polara
I ordered my half doors on 10/28 with Jeep.... I haven't heard of anyone else ordering them before me. If you have, please let me know! I'm not in a rush to get my JL, but I'm becoming more and more anxious every day!

I'm getting a 2Dr Willy's Sport with No AC, manual everything. I'd have ordered ONLY half doors if I could have, but... Being an old codger (at an ancient 36...) I like the idea of having both! Maybe I'll learn to love my full doors with crank windows.

Be sure to speak up, as I'm hard of hearing nowadays! :CWL:

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
I love the look of the half doors. Just love it, but at that price point i am out.

Since we have a 3rd car i take the roof off permanently May-Oct and now would be able to have roof off + half doors for that time period, but man, $1K/door? ouch.

TJdesersand

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Windstar
I ordered my half doors on 10/28 with Jeep.... I haven't heard of anyone else ordering them before me. If you have, please let me know! I'm not in a rush to get my JL, but I'm becoming more and more anxious every day!

I'm getting a 2Dr Willy's Sport with No AC, manual everything. I'd have ordered ONLY half doors if I could have, but... Being an old codger (at an ancient 36...) I like the idea of having both! Maybe I'll learn to love my full doors with crank windows.

Be sure to speak up, as I'm hard of hearing nowadays! :CWL:
Awesome, Shoot some pictures of inside panel, and upper, if you can.

Spaffy

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL 2Dr Willys, '16 Ram 2500, '69 Dodge Polara
Awesome, Shoot some pictures of inside panel, and upper, if you can.
As soon as it get in, I'll be sure to post a bunch of pics of them!

Hopefully the dual door group is ready to go, and not a huge delay for my order!
Sponsored