danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
WOW...I placed an order for a 2021 Willys with the dual doors in Chief blue. My order was cancelled just spoke to my dealer he was communicating with Jeep and the ONLY colors half doors are coming with are Granite, Sarge, Sting grey....PERIOD. WTF Jeep?????

Dash68

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Chevy S10 ZR2 '12 JKUR '17 GC TH
Back in the old days (on the JK), half doors were a no-cost option. Wonder if that'll materialize here, too.
I said something similar on the other half door thread and someone replied saying something about "bread didn't use to come sliced or in a plastic bag". So apparently bread has something to do with half doors but I haven't quite figured it out yet.

Dash68

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Chevy S10 ZR2 '12 JKUR '17 GC TH
WOW...I placed an order for a 2021 Willys with the dual doors in Chief blue. My order was cancelled just spoke to my dealer he was communicating with Jeep and the ONLY colors half doors are coming with are Granite, Sarge, Sting grey....PERIOD. WTF Jeep?????
That makes no sense at all! Jeep should know that half doors look best in the more vibrant colors.

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
Any idea if I can order these from a dealer?
Some dealers have web based store, just reselling MOPAR parts at discount. If you are not married to buying from your local dealer, finding the best online deal is still going to save you the most.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Great time of year! Did you get good photos of the great colors?
Yep!! Colors were amazing. Did a bunch of hikes too around Purgatory area and Ice Lakes up past Silverton.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
There is no way this is final. It is early in process I bet. My guess is this will change and there will be an option to order with just half doors like JK.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is no way this is final. It is early in process I bet. My guess is this will change and there will be an option to order with just half doors like JK.
Yep, this. Those colors aren't even on the online Jeep.com ordering system, nor are half doors. I'd venture to guess we're probably a couple months away from being able to order that combination.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered one for stock. Loaded Rubicon in Chief with half door w/ premium uppers. $65 and change MSRP.
Hey John. Did your order get cancelled like it did for @danzy55 ? He is being told only offering half doors in certain colors...

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, this. Those colors aren't even on the online Jeep.com ordering system, nor are half doors. I'd venture to guess we're probably a couple months away from being able to order that combination.
I'm sure they will be available in early 2021 in all colors and who knows maybe you'll be able to order 1/2 or full without any upcharge. Oh well the wait continues for 1/2 doors sure I'll order then

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I would guess that the larger, square window would be able to be taken/rolled/unzipped down. I hope that if that is the final production form of the upper, it looks that way because it can truly hold up in a storm with little to no water intrusion. If it looks that way and keeps water out, I would be ok with that. Only time I would expect to run uppers with half doors would be for expecting foul weather. If I do decide to go for half doors, I would prefer function over form for the uppers. If they uppers look like that and they don't keep water out, I would wonder why they did that design, someone made a deliberate decision to do that for a very specific reason. All that being said, I am not sure I will buy half doors for my current Jeep (even though it should be about half the price JLUs spend), but it would have been nice to order them with the Jeep.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Pennsylvania is probably the worst about this. There are a lot of people who have been ticketed there.
Yes. Relevant PA Vehicle Code includes very plain language as it concerns the requirement to have the original factory doors in situ.

While I wouldn't wish the related fine on anyone, the cited PA Jeep owner who claims ignorance here will be doing so in vain.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I am interested to see what the seal is like on the half window...the older ones closed on the top itself, if you remember the top or the side wrapped around the b pillar frame and the window just sealed against it. With the new JL top there is an actual exposed frame . So one would assume there will be the rubber gasket around and it probably sealing it better because of the frame. Granted it will still seperate at highway speeds in the wind ..but it may create a better seal or vacuum. I love the half doors not so much the uppers. I've had the sliding glass/plexi and the zip kind ..can't wait to see these in person. So the price is 4000 for dual doors ..I would think at some point after the Bronco is released maybe they will allow people to order outright? and hopefully at a lower price. I'd pay 2000 for the doors if they were offered. Hell I almost paid that for the soft top and they used to be half that price.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm sure they will be available in early 2021 in all colors and who knows maybe you'll be able to order 1/2 or full without any upcharge. Oh well the wait continues for 1/2 doors sure I'll order then
Yep, /dance XD.

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Now that I think about it, besides trying to get more money from us by requiring us to get full and half doors as a package, I think due to either cost saving or rushing it through there were technical limitations. You see half doors, at least on the JKs, came with no power locks, no power mirrors, and no power windows (of course), which meant no wiring harness to the doors and no buttons in dash for windows. Maybe because they didn’t have time or money to redesign the JL dash and wiring for those who just want half doors, they had to sell you a Jeep with full doors and tag along half doors. Just guessing.

a Jeep with just half doors should be cheaper and always was cheaper than a Jeep with full doors.
Sponsored