pokey02

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 JCW, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
You can't always go around the rock. You can always lean over to see whats outside. I (kinda) understand if people want this to be different, but to say it gives you some big advantage off-road for that kind of money makes no sense.
How often do you go offroad with your jeep and what kind of trails do you run? If you are overlanding, I doubt half doors would be worth the investment. If you prefer rocks, half doors are worth looking at. There are other half door options out there, so spending money on the Mopar version is buyers choice.
Sponsored

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
These uppers might not even be a final design. Something like this was floating around for the jk as well and as far as I know they weren't made. Ofc they could have been prototypes for these for all I know.

But saying they are ugly Is also an opinion.

And Rubileon it's cool if you don't like them but others do. It's ok for others to like things you don't like. I understand why they may have changed the window and even with that I'm going to be throwing money at them. I prefer the half doors without the Windows anyway.

And ofc no one was screaming for "crappy" uppers. But they aren't crappy to everyone. Let's see them more in action before you judge em eh? Goes for all parties btw

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Think we can all agree we love the Jeep brand, and opinions are like..... regardless I'm happy to finally have them available who knows in 6 months maybe you'll be able to order at n/c half or full door option. Been waiting since the 18 JL launch glad to have more options. Some people might think the same about spending $6K for a diesel, I don't know, some might bitch or not blink an eye about ordering a loaded Rubi for $60K.... I'm just glad we now have half doors again.
May we have many more cool options coming down the road.

wcjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YJ with stuff. JL 2dr Sport
What communist state is that?
Washington State. Some local police departments don't care. Others do care. Technically speaking tickets could be issued in all 50 states. The rules are Federal. It's enforcement is very sporadic.

Sponsored

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
I'm not the least bit concerned about how the uppers look on one early production (concept?) rig, and in quick 'spy' photos on the move no less. We've seen the premium soft top in person, and even the base soft top looks pretty decent. Many of us have had Bestop upper sliders on past Jeeps, and even factory uppers. I would expect the production uppers will look fine, just as interiors & tops now look way better than factory interiors / tops / uppers did back in the TJ & YJ days.

For me, this is added to my build sheet - placeholder now, until I can get an updated order guide with them in them. I plan to order ~November/December if timing works out right.

Half doors on the trails are the bomb. So glad these are available, and for factory fit/finish, painted to match, keyed alike, with uppers, the price actually isn't terrible. If you don't believe me, price out some used TJ half doors in pristine non-rusty condition, painted to match, keyed alike, with proper interior color, and good condition uppers - you'll be well north of $1K just for two, I bet pushing $1500.

They're not worth it to everyone - no issue there. They're worth it for me & I'm dang glad to see them.

jacllondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon granite 2 doors; 2021 willys Sarge
Vehicle Showcase
I understand Jeep people spend a lot in accessory etc (included myself)...but for 4k I think Jeep is really forcing our hands. A full loaded diesel rubicon at $70k? Never. just ridicolous especially considering the low control quality Jeep has.
I have 2 door rubicon and between the steering issue and the windshield leak it has seen service more than an old man has seen a doctor for prostate problems. LOL.
But I still love it, and I will keep buying wranglers at a reasonable price.
With 70k I can buy a ALFA Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio aka luxury car..
FIY I am from Italy and FIAT has never been famous for quality control, but known to make great ever lasting engines.

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
I understand Jeep people spend a lot in accessory etc (included myself)...but for 4k I think Jeep is really forcing our hands. A full loaded diesel rubicon at $70k? Never. just ridicolous especially considering the low control quality Jeep has.
I have 2 door rubicon and between the steering issue and the windshield leak it has seen service more than an old man has seen a doctor for prostate problems. LOL.
But I still love it, and I will keep buying wranglers at a reasonable price.
With 70k I can buy a ALFA Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio aka luxury car..
FIY I am from Italy and FIAT has never been famous for quality control, but known to make great ever lasting engines.
Totally understand and don’t disagree. Looks like Jeep is pretty confident there’s enough people right behind you that they’re not too worried about it. ;-)

Same thing happened with the Harley crowd years ago too. Looks like it’s finally catching up with them.

Sponsored

jacllondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon granite 2 doors; 2021 willys Sarge
Vehicle Showcase
Totally understand and don’t disagree. Looks like Jeep is pretty confident there’s enough people right behind you that they’re not too worried about it. ;-)

Same thing happened with the Harley crowd years ago too. Looks like it’s finally catching up with them.

I have a Harley too. So I am a total sucker LOL
And the best part is I am considering to buy the 4XE version too

Quigley

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2 door, 2018 Harley Limited 115th Anniversary Edition, 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 diesel