danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Look what I found - half doors!!! This appeared yesterday.

"Dual Door Group w/ Base Uppers"
"Dual Door Group w/ Premium Uppers"

* The prices are for the 4 door..........so for 4k you get 2 sets of doors factory painted to match.

Pricing Jeep JL Wrangler Factory Half Doors - Dual Door Group With Base Premium Uppers.jpg

Jeep JL Wrangler Factory Half Doors - Dual Door Group With Base Premium Uppers.jpg
WOW....this is not in the order guide but is it live on dealers ordering systems now??

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
So, here is a logical question, I think. They can't paint all 8 doors at the same time. How well will one set match? Obviously they will paint the half doors at a different place than they will paint the whole Jeep. Will certain colors like Silver and other Metallic colors match?

Sponsored

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I can order a base Sport, Manual transmission, soft top, and a Loaded Rubicon with them.
can you JUST order with half doors only or do you need to take both?

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
So, here is a logical question, I think. They can't paint all 8 doors at the same time. How well will one set match? Obviously they will paint the half doors at a different place than they will paint the whole Jeep. Will certain colors like Silver and other Metallic colors match?
Idk how the current doors get painted. With the jeep or not. I do know I have a scratch here and there and my PDN paint pen matches perfectly.

So...I'm not too terribly concerned with perfect color match.

After years of wear and sun exposure, a new set of doors would look weird. But I think after 1-2 years you won't notice much.

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No, you're going to get 8 doors from what I gather.
wow no shit.....they say anything if they come with mirrors or just upper and lower doors

Sponsored

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
You’re pulling my leg, right?
Yes, I'm pulling your leg!

I want half doors because I like running no top, but don't like the full door, and I don't like no doors.

I need something to keep the shit from slinging all over me from off my tires, and to give me decent side protection if something happens (God Forbid).

Finally, I like the wider openness of no upper door frames in both the front and back on the unlimited.

Ideally, I could chop the B pillar (I've seen a few do this, but I'm not going to do that, lol.

The JCR half doors are $1500 for aluminum sheets with no paint. Paint is about a grand, so I I bought those, I'm already over half way there, and don't even have a real door with any protection or mirrors.

Motobilt has a prototype, which looks great! Hopefully they can come in under this price point with a nice door.

In the end, I really like the stock door and I feel like I'd definitely pick up a set.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Come on Jeep. These need to show up in the accessories catalog so you can take my money!
IMO - when they hit accessories catalog they will be primer only no paint. Just a guess though.

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
wow no shit.....they say anything if they come with mirrors or just upper and lower doors
Everything is based off of pictures, and limited info. It looks like they come with mirrors, and everything. Not sure how they will ship the Jeep with them. It's called the half door group, which is usually an option. Hell, it may come in with only the half doors, and not regular. Guess I will find out.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
IMO - when they hit accessories catalog they will be primer only no paint. Just a guess though.
Good point. Stocking a bunch of sarge green half doors that might never sell makes no sense when you could have primered reason to go out the door.

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
This was my thinking.
Also, if I got the dual top (as I did with my order for my 19) and wanted dual doors....

how am I exactly taking all this home!? And exactly to your original point (cause really you’d assume it comes with your order it’s delivered like this from factory I assume, or maybe it’s what you stated, which I think would be a paint match issue) how is this delivered to the customer properly?

curious to know what the answer is on this.
Sponsored